|Title of article
||Recipe Development and Medical and Biological Evaluation of Bakery Products Fortified with Non-Traditional Vegetable Raw Materials
Kutsenkova V., Postgraduate Student of the Department of Food Technology, N.I. Vavilov Saratov State Agrarian University , N.I. Vavilov Saratov State Agrarian University , email@example.com
Nepovinnykh N., Professor of the Department of Food Technology, N.I. Vavilov Saratov State Agrarian University, docent, doctor of technical sciences , N.I. Vavilov Saratov State Agrarian University , firstname.lastname@example.org
Lymina N., Professor of the Department of Faculty Therapy, Deputy Director for Science, V.I. Razumovsky Saratov State Medical University of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation, professor, doctor of medical sciences , V.I. Razumovsky Saratov State Medical University of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation , email@example.com
Senchikhin V., Senior Researcher, V.I. Razumovsky Saratov State Medical University of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation, candidate of medical sciences , V.I. Razumovsky Saratov State Medical University of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation , firstname.lastname@example.org
||TECHNOLOGY FOR FOOD PRODUCTION
||Bread is the most popular food ever. However, more and more people are abandoning traditional wheat bread in favor of bakery products with various functional additives. Crushed safflower seeds are an unconventional plant additive that is a source of complete vegetable protein, polyunsaturated fatty acids (including linoleic and linolenic acids), dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals. The present paper introduces a recipe of bread fortified with crushed safflower seeds and safflower oil. The authors studied the sensory and physico-chemical properties of the bread. The prototypes had a smooth surface without cracks and uniform porosity and demonstrated a light yellow color when fractured. The taste and smell were typical of this type of product, with a pleasant delicate flavor and aroma of the additive. There was a slight increase in the porosity, acidity, dimensional stability, and humidity, compared with the control sample. The article contains a technological scheme of production and the formulation of bread with the addition of crushed safflower seeds, as well as some optimal technological production parameters. The authors carried out a medical and biological evaluation of the effectiveness of the bakery products with the addition of seeds and safflower oil in the diet of people aged 18–29 with excess body weight. The conducted research proved the therapeutic efficiency of the developed product in hypocaloric diet for individuals with excess body weight. No tolerability problems or side effects were determined. An optimum method of treatment was developed. The results of the study make it possible to recommend bakery products with crushed seeds and safflower oil for the diet of overweight patients aged 18–29.
||Bread, non-traditional vegetable additive, safflower seeds, medico-biological assessment, overweight
||Received March 4, 2019
Accepted March 28, 2019
Available online June 3, 2019
|Reference to article
||Kutsenkova VS, Nepovinnykh NV, Lyamina NP, Senchikhin VN. Recipe Development and Medical and Biological Evaluation of Bakery Products Fortified with Non-Traditional Vegetable Raw Materials. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology. 2019;49(1):23–31. (In
- Matveeva IV. Khlebopekarnye uluchshiteli [Bread improvers]. Sbornik tezisov seminara “Primenenie pishchevykh dobavok v proizvodstve produktov pitaniya” [Proceedings of the seminar “The use of food additives in food production”]. St. Petersburg; 2005. p. 23–25. (In Russ.).
- Spirichev VB, Shatnyuk LN, Pozdnyakovskiy VM. Obogashchenie pishchevykh produktov vitaminami i mineralʹnymi veshchestvami. Nauka i tekhnologiya [Food fortification with vitamins and minerals. Science and technology]. Novosibirsk: Siberian University; 2004. 547 p. (In Russ.).
- Poznyakovskiy VM, Avstrievskikh AN, Vekovtsev AA. Pishchevye i biologicheski aktivnye dobavki [Food and dietary supplements]. Moscow – Kemerovo: Russian Universities Publishing Association: Kuzbassvuzuzdat; 2005. 275 p. (In Russ.).
- Dragomiretskiy YuA. Tselebnye svoystva zhirov i masel [The healing properties of fats and oils]. Donetsk: Stalker; 1997. 352 p. (In Russ.).
- Norov MS. Saflor – perspektivnaya kormovaya kulʹtura v usloviyakh bogary Tadzhikistana [Safflower as a promising fodder crop under dry weather conditions in Tajikistan]. Fodder Production. 2005;(11):17. (In Russ.).
- Polushkin PV. Vliyanie vodnogo rezhima i gustoty sostoyaniya na produktivnostʹ saflora krasilʹnogo na svetlo- kashtanovykh pochvakh Saratovskogo Zavolzhʹya [Effect of water regime and state density on the productivity of safflower dye of the light chestnut soils of the Saratov Trans-Volga region]. Dr. agricultural sci. dicc. Saratov: N.I. Vavilov Saratov State Agrarian University; 2007. 176 p.
- Shikov AN, Makarov VG, Ryzhenkov VE. Rastitelʹnye masla i maslyanye ehkstrakty: tekhnologiya, standartizatsiya, svoystva [Vegetable oils and oil extracts: technology, standardization, properties]. Moscow: Russkiy Vrach; 2004. 264 p. (In Russ.).
- Huang G, Guo Q, Wang C, Ding HH, Cui SW. Fenugreek fibre in bread: Effects on dough development and bread quality. LWT – Food Science and Technology. 2016;71:274–280. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2016.03.040.
- Almeida EL, Chang YK, Steel CJ. Dietary fibre sources in bread: influence on technological quality. LWT – Food Science and Technology. 2013;50(2):545–553. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2012.08.012.
- Mariod AA, Ahmed SY, Abdelwahab SI, Cheng SF, Eltom AM, Yagoub SO, et al. Effects of roasting and boiling on the chemical composition, amino acids and oil stability of safflower seeds. International Journal of Food Science & Technology. 2012;47(8):1737–1743. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2012.03028.x.
- Lee Y-C, Kim I-H, Chang J, Rhee Y-K, Oh H-I, Park H-K. Chemical composition and oxidative stability of safflower oil prepared with expeller from safflower seeds roasted at different temperatures. Journal of Food Science. 2004;69(1):33–38. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2004.tb17852.x.
- Ulloa JA, Rosas-Ulloa P, Ulloa-Rangel BE. Physicochemical and functional properties of a protein isolate produced from safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) meal by ultrafiltration. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. 2011;91(3):572– 577. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.4227.
- Betschart AA, Fong RY, Hanamoto MM. Safflower protein isolates: functional properties in simple systems and breads. Journal of Food Science. 2006;44(4):1022–1035. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1979.tb03437.x.
- Kamysheva IM, Krylova IV. Saflor – tsennyy istochnik pishchevogo belka [Safflower as a valuable source of food protein]. Novye i netraditsionnye rasteniya i perspektivy ikh ispolʹzovaniya [New and non-traditional plants and the prospects for their use]. 2018;(13):619–624. (In Russ.).
- Rudometova NV, Krasnikova YeV, Dubovskaya AG, Vakhrusheva TYe. Prospects of use of a safflower as source of natural food colour. Storage and processing of farm products. 2006;(10):73–76. (In Russ.).
- Zubkov VV, Milyokhin AV, Kurkin VA, Kharisova AV, Platonov IA, Pavlova LV. Prospects of safflower seeds oil in food and pharmaceutical industry. Izvestia of Samara Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences. 2014;15(5–3):1135– 1139. (In Russ.).
- Butskikh MK, Iosafatova TV. Perspektivy ispolʹzovaniya masla iz semyan saflora krasilʹnogo v pishchevoy promyshlennosti i meditsine [Prospects of safflower seed oil in the food industry and medicine]. Sbornike materialov I vserossiyskoy studencheskoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii “Gigiena: zdorovʹe i profilaktika”, posvyashchennoy 95-letiyu SAMGMU [Proceedings of the First all-russian student scientific and practical conference “Hygiene: health and prevention”, dedicated to the 95th anniversary of Samara State Medical University]; 2014; Samara. Samara: Ofort; 2014. p. 32–33. (In Russ.).
- Tupolʹskikh TI, Serdyuk VA, Golovin AS, Ganchurukova PK. Ispolʹzovanie saflorovogo zhmykha i shrota dlya povysheniya pishchevoy i biologicheskoy tsennosti produktov pitaniya [Safflower meal as improver of the nutritional and biological food value]. “Sostoyanie i perspektivy razvitiya selʹskokhozyaystvennogo mashinostroeniya”: Sbornik statey 11-y mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii v ramkakh 21-y mezhdunarodnoy agropromyshlennoy vystavki “Interagromash – 2018” [Status and prospects of development of agricultural engineering: Proceedings of the 11th International Scientific-Practical Conference in the Framework of the 21st international agricultural exhibition “Interagromash – 2018”]; 2018; Rostov-on-Don. Rostov-on-Don: DSTU: PRINT; 2018. p. 586–589. (In Russ.).
- Ostrikov AN, Matveev EZ, Teryokhina AV, Kopylov MV. Issledovanie aminokislotnogo sostava saflorovogo zhmykha [Amino acid composition of safflower cake]. Sbornik materialov mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii “Innovatsionnye tekhnologii i bezopasnostʹ pishchevykh produktov” [Proceedings of the International Scientific-Practical Conference “Innovative technologies and safety of food products”]; 2018; Krasnodar. Krasnodar: Ehkoinvest; 2018. p. 33–37. (In Russ.).
- Rudometova NV, Pasovskij AP, Blohina EA. Method of Isolation and Identification of Carthamin in Safflower. Aplication’s Perspectives in Russian Food Products. Proceedings of the 5th International Safflower Conference: “Safflower: a multipurpose species with unexploited potential and world adaptability”; 2001: Williston, ND, USA. Williston, ND, USA: North Dakota State University; 2001. p. 309–313.