|Title of article
||INSTANT DRINKS WITH AMARANTH FLOUR: SIMULATION OF MECHATRONIC SYSTEMS OF PRODUCTION
Popov A., Dr.Sci.(Eng.), Professor, Head of the Department of Machines and Devices of Technological Systems, Kemerovo State University, email@example.com
Plotnikov K., Cand.Sci.(Eng.), Associate Professor of the Department of Machines and Devices of Technological Systems, Kemerovo State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ivanov P., Cand.Sci.(Eng.), Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Automation of Production Processes and Automated Control Systems, Kemerovo State University
Donya D., Cand.Sci.(Eng.), Associate Professor of the Department of Machines and Devices of Technological Systems, Kemerovo State University
Pachkin S., Cand.Sci.(Eng.), Associate Professor of the Department of Automation of Production Processes and Automated Control Systems, Kemerovo State University
Plotnikova I., Teacher, V.I. Zauzelkov Kemerovo Municipal Construction College
||Introduction. The world market of instant drinks is a highly competitive environment. New mechatronic production systems can help food companies maintain their competitiveness: they determine process modes, analyze them, and choose the optimal parameters, thus increasing the efficiency of the whole food enterprise. Another problem is the low biological and nutrient value of the finished product. New biologically active instant drinks could solve the problem that occurs in conditions of unsocial hours and unbalanced diet. Products of plant origin contain a lot of useful substances. Amaranth flour increases the biological value of the final products. The research objective was to develop mechatronic systems that could be used to produce instant drinks fortified with amaranth flour at the granulation stage.
Study objects and methods. The present research featured a new line of production of instant granular drinks fortified with amaranth flour. The study focused on the granulation section. A drum vibro-granulator with controlled segregated flows was used to make a hardware design of the granulation process. The granulation process often demonstrates an unstable particle size distribution, which is associated with non-uniform mixing of the dry bulk components with the binder solution. A mechatronic module can solve this problem. However, it requires detailed information about the process conditions.
Results and discussion. The research determined the specific energy consumption on the operating and design parameters for the granulation process in the new drum vibro-granulator. The experiment made it possible to obtain the optimal process parameters and improve the quality of the finished product. The flow rate of the binder solution depended on the readings of the power consumed by the kneading body engine, which stabilized the system. The value of this parameter is so small that its direct regulation is technically impossible. The paper introduces a block diagram of a multi-circuit cascade system to control the quality of the mixture automatically. The authors installed a valve on the pipeline that feeds the binder fluid in the pressure tank. The valve made it possible to control the process with sufficient accuracy.
Conclusion. In the new mechatronic module of the drum vibro-granulator, the quality indicators of the resulting mix depend on the amount of power consumed by the kneading body engine and on the level of the binder solution in the pressure vessel.
||Modeling, mechatronics, amaranth, flour, instant, structure formation, energy consumption, granulation, segregation
||Received October 21, 2019
Accepted May 29, 2020
Available online June 29, 2020
||Popov AM, Plotnikov KB, Ivanov PP, Donya DV, Pachkin SG, Plotnikova IO. Instant Drinks with Amaranth Flour: Simulation of Mechatronic Systems of Production. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology. 2020;50(2):273â€“281. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.21603/2074-9414-2020-2-273-281.
- De Simone V, Dalmoro A, Lamberti G, Caccavo D, d'Amore M, Barba AA. HPMC granules by wet granulation process: effect of vitamin load on physicochemical, mechanical and release properties. Carbohydrate Polymers. 2018;181:939â€“947. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbpol.2017.11.056.
- Guo L, Tao H, Cui B, Janaswamy S. The effects of sequential enzyme modifications on structural and physicochemical properties of sweet potato starch granules. Food Chemistry. 2019;277:504â€“514. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2018.11.014.
- Popov AM, Plotnikov KB, Donya DV. Determination of dependence between thermophysical properties and structural-and-phase characteristics of moist materials. Foods and Raw Materials. 2017;5(1):137â€“143. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21179/2308-4057-2017-1-137-143.
- Cheremukhin PS, Shumeyko AA. Educational robotics as a factor in the development of network interaction in the system of engineering training. Integration of Education. 2018;22(3)(92):535â€“550. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.15507/1991-9468.092.022.201803.535-550.
- De Simone V, Caccavo D, Lamberti G, dâ€™Amore M, Barba AA. Wet-granulation process: phenomenological analysis and process parameters optimization. Powder Technology. 2018;340:411â€“419. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.powtec.2018.09.053.
- Farberova EA, Tingaeva EA, Chuchalina AD, Kobeleva AR, Maximov AS. Obtaining granulated active carbon from wastes of vegetable raw materials. Russian Journal of Chemistry and Chemical Technology. 2018;61(3):51â€“57. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.6060/tcct.20186103.5612.
- Veronica N, Goh HP, Kang CYX, Liew CV, Heng PWS. Influence of spray nozzle aperture during high shear wet granulation on granule properties and its compression attributes. International Journal of Pharmaceutics. 2018;553(1â€“2):474â€“482. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpharm.2018.10.067.
- Yuan Q, Gong H, Xi H, Xu H, Jin Z, Ali N, et al. Strategies to improve aerobic granular sludge stability and nitrogen removal based on feeding mode and substrate. Journal of Environmental Sciences. 2019;84:144â€“154. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jes.2019.04.006.
- Popov AM, Plotnikova IO, Plotnikov KB, Donya DV, Konyaev AV. Drum vibration granulator. Russia patent RU 2693772C2. 2019.
- Tsvetkov VYa. Control with the use of cyber-physical systems. Perspectives of Science and Education. 2017;27(3):55â€“60. (In Russ.).
- Povetkin VV, Isametova ME, Isayeva IN, Bukayeva AZ. Dynamic modeling of ball mill drive with regard to damping properties of its elements. Mining informational and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2018;(5):184â€“192. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.25018/0236-1493-2018-5-0-184-192.
- Furtat IB. Algorithm for compensation of measurement noises and disturbances. Information and Control Systems. 2017;90(5):21â€“29. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.15217/issn1684-8853.2017.5.21.
- Markhadaev BE, Nikiforov SO, Bochektueva EB. Bifurcation of the accuracy of mechatronic manipulation systems in capture while running. BSU bulletin. Mathematics, Informatics. 2018;(2):85â€“94. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.18101/2304-5728-2018-2-85-94.
- Dymov IS, Kotin DA, Anosov VN, Kucher ES. Synthesis of a system for automatic correction of axial displacement of mechatronic module spinning rotor. Journal of Instrument Engineering. 2017;60(6):552â€“559. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.17586/0021-3454-2017-60-6-552-559.
- Ðšashaev Ð S, Svinin AYu, ÐšÐ¾zelkov ÐžV. Ðœinimization of experiment errors in the method of PMR and opportunities for receiving of relaxation times spectra. Power Engineering: Research, Equipment, Technology. 2018;20(11â€“12):152â€“160. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.30724/1998-9903-2018-20-11-12-152-160.
- Krakhmalyov ON, Petreshin DI, Krakhmalyov GN, Pimonov AYu. Simulators for calibration of tool center of industrial robots. Bulletin of Bryansk State Technical University. 2017;54(1):44â€“49. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.12737/24891.
- Tugengold AK, Voloshin RN, Yusupov AR, Kruglova TN. Production machines maintenance based on digitalization. Vestnik of Don State Technical University. 2019;19(1):74â€“80. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.23947/1992-5980-2019-19-1-74-80.
- Ruslyakova EE, Pustovoitova OV, Kiseleva JuP, Yakovleva LA. Theory and practice of using robotics in educational process. Higher Education in Russia. 2019;28(6):158â€“167. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.31992/0869-3617-2019-28-6-158-167.
- Eremenko YuI, Glushchenko AI, Fomin AV. Application of neural network customizer for the proportional-integral controller in the mode of response to disturbances at thermal units in the mining and metallurgical industry. Mining informational and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2017;(12):122â€“133. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.25018/0236-1493-2017-12-0-122-133.
- Eliseev SV, Mironov AS, Vuong QT. Dynamic damping under introduction of additional couplings and external actions. Vestnik of Don State Technical University. 2019;19(1):38â€“44. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.23947/1992-5980-2019-19-1-38-44.