|Title of article
||COMPOSITION AND QUALITY STANDARDS OF FUNCTIONAL CARAMEL
Reznichenko I., Dr.Sci.(Eng.), Professor, Head of the Department of Quality Management, Kemerovo State University, email@example.com
Renzyaeva T., Dr.Sci.(Eng.), Professor of the Department of Technology of Vegetable Food Products, Kemerovo State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Renzyaev A., Cand.Sci.(Eng.), Senior Lecturer of the Department of Machines and Devices of Technological Systems, Kemerovo State University
Introduction. Functional foods help to improve the diet, maintain health, and prolong active longevity. Therefore, food science constantly develops new formulations of functional products. Caramel can hardly be called healthy food as it possesses low nutritional and high energy value. Moreover, caramel contains easily digested sugars but no physiologically functional ingredients, e.g. vitamins, minerals, etc. In order to increase the nutritional value of caramel, we fortified the traditional formulation with ascorbic acid and Valetek-3 vitamin premix.
Study objets and methods. The research featured laboratory and pilot samples of caramel. The quality indicators of the finished product were determined according to the industry standards.
Results and discussion. The research provided advanced formulations and technology for the development of the new functional caramel fortified with ascorbic acid and a vitamin complex. A set of experiments resulted in a nomenclature of regulated quality indicators and functional properties. The changes in the quality of the caramel during storage made it possible to define the shelf-life of the product.
Conclusion. The research defined the optimal formulation for the new kind of functional caramel and determined its quality indicators. The present article introduces a list of quality standards for caramel fortified with vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and Vitalek-3 vitamin premix, as well as the indicators of its functional properties. The research provided the new functional food with the regulatory and technical documentation necessary for its mass production.
||Functional product, sugar confectionery, candy caramel, ascorbic acid, vitamins
||Received March 2, 2020
Accepted May 29, 2020
Available online June 29, 2020
||Reznichenko IYu, Renzyaeva TV, Renzyaev AO. Composition and Quality Standards of Functional Caramel. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology, 2020;50(2):204â€“211. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.21603/2074-9414-2020-2-204-211.
- Sandrakova IV, Reznichenko IYu. Health food consumers research. Practical Marketing. 2019;274(12):22â€“27. (In Russ.).
- Reznichenko IYu, Aleshina JuA, Galieva AI, Egorova EJu. Methodology of projection of confectionery products of functional purpose. Food Industry. 2012;(9):28â€“30. (In Russ.).
- Egorova EYu, Reznichenko IYu, Bochkarev MS, Dorn GA. Development of new confectionery using non-traditional raw materials. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology. 2014;34(3):31â€“38. (In Russ.).
- Dorn GA, Galieva AI, Reznichenko IYu, Guryanov JuG. Development formulation and production technology sugar confectionery as factors form them quality. Technology and merchandising of the innovative foodstuff. 2014;24(1):62â€“68. (In Russ.).
- Frolova NA, Reznichenko IYu, Ivankina NF. Technology and evaluation of hard-boiled sweets enriched with biologically active plant and animal raw materials extracts. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology. 2012;27(4):164Aâ€“170. (In Russ.).
- Guryanov YuG, Reznichenko IYu, Poznyakovsky VM. Specialized foodstuff with use of pantohematogen. Food Industry. 2008;(11):64â€“65. (In Russ.).
- Reznichenko IYu, GurÊ¹yanov YuG, Lobach EYu. Development of formulations, production technology, and quality assessment of functional sugary products. New Technologies. 2010;(4):51â€“53. (In Russ.).
- Reznichenko IYu, Guryanov YuG, Lobach EYu. Development of formulations, production technology and quality assessment of functional confectionery. New Technologies. 2011;(1):27â€“30. (In Russ.).
- GurÊ¹yanov YuG, Lobach EYu, Reznichenko IYu. Otsenka potrebitelÊ¹skikh predpochteniy k novym produktam funktsionalÊ¹nogo naznacheniya [Assessment of consumer preferences for new functional products]. Polzunovsky Vestnik. 2012;(2â€“2):187â€“190. (In Russ.).
- Aidoo RP, Depypere F, Afoakwa EO, Dewettinck K. Industrial manufacture of sugar-free chocolates â€“ Applicability of alternative sweeteners and carbohydrate polymers as raw materials in product development. Trends in Food Science and Technology. 2013;32(2):84â€“96. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tifs.2013.05.008.
- Martins N, Roriz CL, Morales P, Barros L, Ferreira ICFR. Food colorants: Challenges, opportunities and current desires of agro-industries to ensure consumer expectations and regulatory practices. Trends in Food Science and Technology. 2016;52:1â€“15. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tifs.2016.03.009.
- Reznichenko IYu, Frolova NA, Kuchebo VV, Turov SV. Syrups in sugar confectionery products of high nutritional value. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology. 2019;49(1):62â€“69. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.21603/2074-9414-2019-1-62-69.
- Frolova NA, Reznichenko IYu. Composition of tonic fillings for making caramel. Russia patent RU 2685916C1. 2019.
- Aguiar J, Estevinho BN, Santos L. Microencapsulation of natural antioxidants for food application â€“ The specific case of coffee antioxidants â€“ A review. Trends in Food Science and Technology. 2016;58:21â€“39. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tifs.2016.10.012.
- Reznichenko IYu. Teoreticheskie i prakticheskie aspekty razrabotki, otsenki kachestva konditerskikh izdeliy i pishchevykh kontsentratov funktsionalÊ¹nogo naznacheniya [Theoretical and practical aspects of the development and quality assessment of confectionery products and functional food concentrates]. Dr. eng. sci. diss. Kemerovo: Kemerovo Technological Institute of Food Industry; 2008. 49 p.
- Spirichev VB, Shatnjuk LN. Enrichment of articles of food by micronutrients: scientific principles and practical decisions. Food Industry. 2010;(4):20â€“24. (In Russ.).
- Murashev SV. Changing the content of ascorbic acid during storage and processing. Izvestiya Saint-Petersburg State Agrarian University. 2015;(41):64â€“6. (In Russ.).
- Renzyaeva TV, Nazimova GI, Markov AS. Tekhnologiya konditerskikh izdeliy [Confectionery technology]. St. Petersburg: Lan; 2019. 156 p. (In Russ.).