Dr. Sci. (Bio)
Workplace: Voronezh State University of Engineering Technologies
Position: Acting Rector
Address: 19, Revolutsii Ave., Voronezh, 394036, Russia
Phone: +7 (473) 255-45-00
References to the scientist's profile
Field of expertise
Biochemistry, molecular genetics, biotechnology.
Qualifications and courses
- 2014 â€“ Courses of state and municipal management;
- 2003 â€“ Doctor of Biological Sciences;
- 1997 â€“ Candidate of Biological Sciences;
- 1995 â€“ Teacher of biology and chemistry.
Work and research experience
- 2019 to date: Rector of Voronezh State University of Engineering Technologies (Russia); head of a school of agrobiotechnology; supervised 12 Candidates of Sciences;
- 2011 â€“ 2019: Vice-Rector for Research, Innovation and Informatization, Voronezh State University (Russia);
- 2008 to date: Head of the Department of Genetics, Cytology, and Bioengineering, Voronezh State University (Russia);
- 2004 â€“ 2008: Professor at the Department of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, Voronezh State University (Russia);
- 2000 â€“ 2004: Associate Professor at the Department of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, Voronezh State University (Russia);
- 1998 â€“ 2000: Senior Lecturer, Department of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, Voronezh State University (Russia);
- 1995 â€“ 1998: Teaching assistant at the Department of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, Voronezh State University (Russia).
Head of the regional branch of Vavilov Society of Genetics and Breeders.
Bulletin of Voronezh State University, Vice-chair of the Editorial Board;
Sorption and Chromatographic Processes (ISSN 1680-0613), Editorial Board Member.
Membership in doctoral committees
Member of two Doctoral Committees (biochemistry, biophysics, ecology, forest cultures).
- 2017 â€“ Honored Worker of Higher Education;
- 2016 â€“ Letter of Gratitude, President of Russian Federation;
- 1998 â€“ Young Scientists Award in Science and Technology, RF Government.
- Gureev AP, Popov VN. Nrf2/ARE pathway as a therapeutic target for the treatment of Parkinson diseases. Neurochemical Research. 2019;44(10):2273â€“2279. DOI: 10.1007/s11064-018-02711-2.
- Gureev AP, Shaforostova EA, Popov VN, Starkov AA. Methylene blue does not bypass Complex III antimycin block in mouse brain mitochondria. FEBS Letters. 2019;593(5):499â€“503. DOI: 10.1002/1873-3468.13332.
- Gureev AP, Shaforostova EA, Popov VN. Regulation of mitochondrial biogenesis as a way for active longevity: Interaction between the Nrf2 and PGC-1Î± signaling pathways. Frontiers in Genetics. 2019;10. DOI: 10.3389/fgene.2019.00435.
- Syromyatnikov MY, Savinkova OV, Panevina AV, Solodskikh SA, Lopatin AV, Popov VN. Quality control of bee-collected pollen using bumblebee microcolonies and molecular approaches reveals no correlation between pollen quality and pathogen presence. Journal of Economic Entomology. 2019;112(1):49â€“59. DOI: 10.1093/jee/toy345.
- Syromyatnikov MY, Borodachev AV, Kokina AV, Popov VN. A molecular method for the identification of honey bee subspecies used by beekeepers in Russia. Insects. 2018;9(1). DOI: 10.3390/insects9010010.
- Syromyatnikov MY, Kiryanova SV, Popov VN. Development and validation of a TaqMan RT-PCR method for identification of mayonnaise spoilage yeast Pichia kudriavzevii. AMB Express. 2018;8(1). DOI: 10.1186/s13568-018-0716-y.
- Syromyatnikov MY, Kokina AV, Belyakova NA, Kozlova EG, Popov VN. A simple molecular method for rapid identification of commercially used Amblyseius and Neoseiulus species (Acari: Phytoseiidae). Zootaxa. 2018;4394(2):270â€“278. DOI: 10.11646/zootaxa.4394.2.9.
- Syromyatnikov MY, Kokina AV, Lopatin AV, Starkov AA, Popov VN. Evaluation of the toxicity of fungicides to flight muscle mitochondria of bumblebee (Bombus terrestris L.). Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology. 2017;135:41â€“46. DOI: 10.1016/j.pestbp.2016.06.007.
- Moskalev A, Anisimov V, Aliper A, Artemov A, Asadullah K, Belsky D, et al. A review of the biomedical innovations for healthy longevity. Aging. 2017;9(1):7â€“25. DOI: 10.18632/aging.101163.
- Syromyatnikov MY, Golub VB, Kokina AV, Soboleva VA, Popov VN. DNA barcoding and morphological analysis for rapid identification of most economically important crop-infesting Sunn pests belonging to Eurygaster Laporte, 1833 (Hemiptera, Scutelleridae). ZooKeys. 2017;2017(706):51â€“71. DOI: 10.3897/zookeys.706.13888.
- Gureev AP, Syromyatnikov MY, Gorbacheva TM, Starkov AA, Popov VN. Methylene blue improves sensorimotor phenotype and decreases anxiety in parallel with activating brain mitochondria biogenesis in mid-age mice. Neuroscience Research. 2016;113:19â€“27. DOI: 10.1016/j.neures.2016.07.006.