|Title of article
||SERVQUAL METHOD IN RETAIL SERVICE ASSESSMENT
Gryaznova N., Cand.Sci.(Econ.), Associate Professor of the Department of Management named after I.P. Povarich, Kemerovo State University, email@example.com
Konovalova O., Cand.Sci.(Eng.), Associate Professor of the Department of Marketing and Business Communications, Kemerovo State University
Pleshkova N., Cand.Sci.(Eng.), Associate Professor of the Department of Management named after I.P. Povarich, Kemerovo State University
||Introduction. Service quality and variety is currently the key success factor in retail trade. Retail service assessment can improve customer experience. The SERVQUAL method makes it possible to evaluate the service quality and solve the detected problems in customer service, thus securing the brand loyalty.
Study objects and methods. The present research was based on a customer service survey conducted among 500 customers of the Lenta hypermarket in Kemerovo (Russia) in 2018. The results of the questionnaire underwent a SERVQUAL analysis. The obtained data on the customersâ€™ needs and the degree of their satisfaction with the hypermarket customer service made it possible to develop recommendations for the retail chain.
Results and discussion. The respondents answered three groups of questions: expectations, experience, and importance. The assortment of goods proved to be the most important factor, and there were no complaints in this respect regarding the Lenta retail chain. The attended time was rated second. Its assessment demonstrated a gap between the expectations and the experience (Q = â€“1.3). Retail space service also proved important; however, this aspect of service quality demonstrated the greatest gap between expectations and experience.
Conclusion. The three-part SERVQUAL questionnaire helped to reveal the problems in the organization of the shopping service. The subsequent improvement will be important for consumers and the retail chain.
||Marketing, service, marketing research, consumer preferences, retail, hypermarket
||Received February 11, 2020
Accepted May 29, 2020
Available online June 29, 2020
||Gryaznova NL, Konovalova OV, Pleshkova NA. SERVQUAL Method in Retail Service Assessment. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology. 2020;50(2):343â€“350. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.21603/2074-9414-2020-2-343-350.
- Popova IN, Zintsova MV. A method for the determination of the integral competitiveness index of retail chains. Internet-zhurnal Naukovedenie [Science Studies: On-line Journal]. 2015;7(1)(26):33. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.15862/01EVN115.
- Zyrianov AV. Modern trends of distribution of retail enterprises in Russian towns: negativism and opportunities. Bulletin of Udmurt University. Series Economics and Law. 2011;(4):25â€“36. (In Russ.).
- Tyamusev DI. Methodical approaches of formation of system of management accounting and control in the organizations of retail trade. Baltic Humanitarian Journal. 2014;7(2):80â€“82. (In Russ.).
- Knyazâ€™kin AS, Appanova YuEh. Metodicheskie aspekty otsenki ehffektivnosti meropriyatiy po stimulirovaniyu prodazh na predpriyatii [Methodological aspects of evaluating the effectiveness of measures to stimulate sales in the enterprise]. Economics and Management. New Challenges and Perspectives. 2015;(8):72â€“74. (In Russ.).
- Ashikhmina MA. Analysis of the existing normative documents on quality of service of retail trade. Sistemnoe upravlenie [System management]. 2013;21(4):3. (In Russ.).
- Panyukova VV. Internatsionalizatsiya roznichnoy torgovli kak faktor razvitiya torgovogo marketinga v Rossii [Internationalization of retail trade as a factor in the development of trade marketing in Russia]. Upravlencheskie nauki v sovremennoy Rossii [Management Sciences in Modern Russia]. 2014;2(2):74â€“78. (In Russ.).
- Salikhova RR. Impact of state policy on forming the competitiveness of retail trade in Russia. Actual Problems of Economics and Law. 2015;34(2):92â€“101. (In Russ.).
- Savinov LI, Ryabova EN. Theoretical approaches to the concept of service. Service PLUS. 2010;(3):14â€“19. (In Russ.).
- Chernenko VA. The theoretical basis of the study the scope of services and service. Innovations. 2009;127(5):18â€“21. (In Russ.).
- Rodriguez M, Paredes F, Yi G. Towards future customer experience: trends and innovation in retail. Foresight and STI Governance. 2016;10(3):18â€“28. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.17323/1995-459X.2016.3.18.28.
- Ramanan J, Ramanakumar K. Trends in retail. International Journal of Business and Management Invention. 2014;3(1):31â€“34.
- Kirillovykh EO, Yurlova NS. Standards of customer service in the retail trade. Bulletin NGIEI. 2014;42(11):52â€“54. (In Russ.).
- Shadrin VG, Shemchuk MA, Khmelevskaya TI. Feature evaluation methods of service in the banking sector. International Research Journal. 2016;47(5â€“1):186â€“187. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.18454/IRJ.2016.47.275.
- Klaus P, Maklan S. Towards a better measure of customer experience. International Journal of Market Research. 2013;55(2):227â€“246. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2501/IJMR-2013-021.
- Akif'eva LV, Provalenova NV, Kutaev AA. Assessment of the competitiveness food retailers. Bulletin NGIEI. 2016;62(7):7â€“13. (In Russ.).
- Trusova SV. Sovremennye podkhody k otsenke kachestva torgovogo obsluzhivaniya na predpriyatiyakh roznichnoy torgovli [Modern approaches to assessing the quality of trade services at retail enterprises]. Today and Tomorrow of Russian Economy. 2009;(27):142â€“147. (In Russ.).
- Shadrin VG, Gneushev AV. Application of method SERVQUAL for the analysis and improving the service policy (on an example of open society â€śRostelecomâ€ť, Kemerovo). Marketing in Russia and Abroad. 2013;(4):3â€“17. (In Russ.).
- Ulanov AYu. Izmerenie loyalĘąnosti klientov i analiz rezulĘątatov Net Promoter Score [Assessment of customer loyalty and the Net Promoter Score analysis]. Klienting i upravlenie klientskim portfelem [Clienting and client portfolio management]. 2013;(3):198â€“206. (In Russ.).
- Beletsky MD. Main directions for ensuring competitiveness of the services provided by retailers in Moscow. Koncept. 2015;(6):106â€“110. (In Russ.).
- Patakhova MA, Magomayeva ER, Amirova MM. Improving the business model of customer service in shopping malls. Journal of Economy and entrepreneurship. 2018;101(12):670â€“673. (In Russ.).