|Title of article
||NEW TECHNOLOGY FOR FUNCTIONAL DESSERT PRODUCTION BASED ON SOY AND PUMPKIN
Statsenko E., Cand.Sci.(Eng.), Associate Professor, Leading Researcher of the Laboratory of Processing of Agricultural Products, All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Soybean, email@example.com
Litvinenko O., Cand.Sci.(Vet.), Leading Researcher, Acting Head of the Laboratory of Agricultural Products Processing, All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Soybean
Korneva N., Research Assistant of the Laboratory of Agricultural Products Processing, All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Soybean
Shtarberg M., Cand.Sci.(Med.), Research Assistant of the Department of Chemistry, Amur State Medical Academy of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation
Borodin E., Dr.Sci.(Med.), Professor, Head of the Department of Chemistry, Amur State Medical Academy of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation
||Introduction. Domestic food production based on the regional market characteristics can expand the range of functional foods. The research objective was to develop a new technology for desserts based on soy and pumpkin.
Study objects and methods. The research featured soybeans of the â€śYurnaâ€ť variety and pumpkin of the â€śNadezhdaâ€ť variety. Soaked soybeans were mixed with mashed pumpkin and drinking water. The mass was heated and kept at 100Â°C for 30 min with simultaneous grinding and extraction of soluble dry matter. The soy and pumpkin liquid fraction was separated by filtration. A 2.5% aqueous solution of ascorbic acid was added to the liquid fraction at 75â€“80Â°Đˇ to coagulate protein and other substances. The soy and pumpkin coagulate had a moisture content of 75.0 Â± 1%. It was mixed with sea buckthorn syrup and homogenized. The finished product was called â€śNadezhda+â€ť. The â€śNezhnyiâ€ť dessert consisted of gelling solution mixed with soy and pumpkin coagulate and sea buckthorn syrup, after which the mass was homogenized.
Results and discussion. The expert assessment helped to identify the most significant indicators of the sensory evaluation of the desserts, namely taste and consistency. The sensory evaluation also made it possible to define the optimal homogenization time for the mix: 60 s for â€śNadezhda+â€ť and 90 s for â€śNezhnyiâ€ť. The developed desserts contained protein (5.75 and 4.70 g/100 g), phosphatides (334 and 102 mg/100 g), Î˛-carotene (2.86 and 1.62 mg/100 g), vitamin E (28.60 and 16.00 mg/100 g) and vitamin C (35.10 and 10.60 mg/100 g), respectively.
Conclusion. The content of Î˛-carotene and vitamin E exceeded 15 % of the daily intake in one portion (100 g) of the desserts, as well as vitamin C in â€śNadezhda+â€ť. According with State Standard R 52349-2005, the new desserts could be referred to functional foods.
||Soybean, pumpkin, dessert, protein, vitamins, antioxidants, phosphatides, organoleptic evaluation, nutritive value, functional products
||Received May 28, 2020
Accepted June 26, 2020
Available online June 29, 2020
||Statsenko ES, Litvinenko OV, Korneva NYu, Shtarberg MA, Borodin EA. New Technology for Functional Dessert Production Based on Soy and Pumpkin. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology. 2020;50(2):351â€“360. (In Russ.). DOI: https:// doi.org/10.21603/2074-9414-2020-2-351-360.
- Kodentsova VM, Vrzhesinskaya OA, Risnik DV, Nikityuk DB, Tutelyan VA. Micronutrient status of population of the Russian Federation and possibility of its correction. State of the problem. Problems of Nutrition. 2017;86(4):113â€“124. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.24411/0042-8833-2017-00067.
- Zorin SN. Enzymatic hydrolysates of food proteins for specialized foods for therapeutic and prophylactic nutrition. Problems of Nutrition. 2019;88(3):23â€“31. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.24411/0042-8833-2019-10026.
- Kobelkova IV, Martinchik AN, Kudryavtseva KV, Baturin AK. Diet pattern and health of working people. Problems of Nutrition. 2017;86(5):17â€“21. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.24411/0042-8833-2017-00071.
- Jenkins D. Counterpoint: Soy protein. Journal of Clinical Lipidology. 2017;11(1):307â€“308. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacl.2016.11.006.
- Tansaz S, Boccaccini AR. Biomedical applications of soy protein: A brief overview. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research. Part A. 2016;104(2):553â€“569. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/jbm.a.35569.
- Tezuka H, Imai S. Immunomodulatory effects of soybeans and processed soy food compounds. Recent Patents on Food, Nutrition and Agriculture. 2015;7(2):92â€“99. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2174/2212798407666150629123957.
- Puzin SN, Pogozheva AV, Potapov VN. Optimizing nutrition of older people as a mean of preventing premature aging. Problems of Nutrition. 2018;87(4):69â€“77. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.24411/0042-8833-2018-10044.
- Messina M. Soy and health update: evaluation of the clinical and epidemiologic literature. Nutrients. 2016;8(12). DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/nu8120754.
- Kalenik TK, Costa R, Motkina EV, Kosenko TA, Skripko OV, Kadnikova IA. Technological development of protein-rich concentrates using soybean and meat by-products for nutrition in extreme conditions. Acta Scientiarum Polonorum Technologia Alimentaria. 2017;16(3):255â€“268. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17306/J.AFS.0501.
- Kornen NN, Viktorova EP, Evdokimova OV. Methodological approaches to the creation of healthy food. Problems of Nutrition. 2015;84(1):95â€“99. (In Russ.).
- Razhabova GH, Karomatov ID, Hoshimova N. Pumpkin as the medical plant and the prospects of its application in clinic of internal diseases. Biology and Iintegrative Medicine. 2017;(3):144â€“155. (In Russ.).
- Statsenko ES, Litvinenko OV. Assessment of technological properties of soybean grain of the FSBSI ARSRI of soybean and its processing products to determine their suitability for use in food production. Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Series: Food and Biotechnology. 2019;7(3):31â€“40. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.14529/food190304.
- Statsenko ES, Korneva NYu. Study and comparative analysis of the biochemical composition of soybean varieties suitable for the food production. Achievements of Science and Technology of AIC. 2019;33(5):65â€“68. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.24411/0235-2451-2019-10516.
- Fosfolipidy, opredelenie fosfor [Phospholipids, determination of phosphorus] [Internet]. [cited 2020 Mar 25]. Available from: https://chem21.info/info/1400887/.
- Opredelenie fosfora lipidov [Determination of phosphorus lipids] [Internet]. [cited 2020 Mar 25]. Available from: https://chem21.info/info/1896353/.
- Borodin EA, Shtarberg MA, Prikhodko AG, Kolosov VP, Perelman JM. Modified noninvasive method of study of the oxidation of lipids of airways. Der Pharma Chemica. 2015;7(11):186â€“192.
- Benken II. Opredelenie aktivnosti ingibitorov tripsina v semenakh zernovykh bobovykh kulĘątur kazeinoliticheskim metodom [Determination of the activity of trypsin inhibitors in the seeds of leguminous crops by the caseinolytic method]. Byulletenâ€™ VIR [Bulletin of All-Union Research Institute of Plant Breeding]. 1982;121:65â€“70. (In Russ.).
- Yakuba YuPh, Khalaphyan AA, Temerdashev ZA, Bessonov VV, Malinkin AD. Flavouring estimation of quality of grape wines with use of methods of mathematical statistics. Problems of Nutrition. 2016;85(5):93â€“99. (In Russ.).
- Ezergail KV, Gorbunov AV, Lubimenko TA, Chuchunov VA. Pasteurized milk sold by Volgograd commercial enterprises quality estimation and competitive ability. Proceedings pf Lower Volga Agro-University Complex: Science and Higher Education. 2012;25(1):101â€“105. (In Russ.).
- Petibskaya VS. Soya: khimicheskiy sostav i ispolĘązovanie [Soya: chemical composition and use]. Maykop: Poligraf-YUG; 2012. 432 p. (In Russ.).