|Title of article
||ADVANCED PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY OF FLOUR-BASED FOODS WITH CHLORELLA CONCENTRATE
Bochkareva Z., Cand.Sci.(Eng.), Associate Professor of the Department Food Production, Penza State Technological University, email@example.com
Volshenkova E., Undergraduate of the Department Food Production, Penza
State Technological University
Introduction. Semi-finished products require various additives that increase shelf life, improve sensory properties, or decrease raw material costs. Unfortunately, most additives improve neither nutrition nor biological value of the finished product. The present research featured precooked thin pancakes fortified with a chlorella concentrate. This microalgal supplement with scientific-based healthy properties is a unique project of Russian developers. The chlorella concentrate possesses a balanced amino acid composition, vitamins, major nutrient elements, and dietary minerals. Therefore, it can improve the nutrient and biological value of the pancakes.
Study objects and methods. The research featured laboratory and industrial samples of precooked pancakes. 3%, 6%, and 10% of the milk were replaced with chlorella concentrate. The quantitative ratio of the components was determined empirically to obtain pancakes of the optimal quality. The batter-making and baking technologies were traditional. The mixing of milk and chlorella concentrate caused no protein aggregation.
Results and discussion. The obtained batter was similar with the control sample in viscosity. The sensory properties did not deteriorate. As the proportion of the concentrate increased, the color of the batter changed from pale green to bright green. The sample with 10% of chlorella concentrate had a distinct algae smell. After the milk was replaced with the chlorella concentrate in the amount of 3%, 6%, and 10%, the amino acid composition demonstrated the following changes. The amount of lysine increased by 4.36%, 8.54%, and 14.72%, respectively. The amount of tryptophan increased by 5.46%, 10.75%, and 18.37, respectively. The amount of methionine + cystine increased by 4.04%, 7.94%, and 13.61%, respectively. The introduction of chlorella concentrate raised the content of certain minerals and vitamins, e.g. iron, vitamins of ő≤-carotene, and vitamin C.
Conclusions. Chlorella concentrate improved the production technology of flour-based foods. Therefore, it helps to expand the range of this group of precooked products while improving their biological and nutrition value.
||Foods, pancakes, microalgae, Chlorophyta, biological, nutrition value, biological value
||Received February 10, 2020
Accepted May 29, 2020
Available online June 29, 2020
||Bochkareva ZA, Volshenkova ES. Advanced Production Technology of Flour-Based Foods with Chlorella Concentrate. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology, 2020;50(2):194‚Äď203. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.21603/2074-9414-2020-2-212-221.
- Anistratova OV, Serpunina LT, Kobzareva AS. Justification of the use of different types of flour in the formulation of the dough shell for pancakes. KSTU News. 2019;(53):89‚Äď100. (In Russ.).
- Ponomareva EI, Popov VI, Esaulenko IE, Lukina SI, Alekhina NN. Gingerbreads of enhanced nutritional value with the non-traditional raw materials. Problems of Nutrition. 2017;86(5):75‚Äď81. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.24411/0042-8833-2017-00079.
- Mendoza R, Tolentino-Mayo L, Hernandez-Barrera L, Nieto C, Monterrubio-Flores E, Barquera S. Modifications in the consumption of energy, sugar, and saturated fat among the Mexican adult population: simulation of the effect when replacing processed foods that comply with a front of package labeling system. Nutrients. 2018;10(1). DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/nu10010101.
- Tsybikova GTs, Razuvaeva YaG, Toropova AA, Nikolaev SM. Antimutagenic and antioxidant features of confectionery products containing the powder from the leaves of Hippophae rhamnoides L. Problems of Nutrition. 2018;87(1):92‚Äď97. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.24411/0042-8833-2018-10011.
- Kurek MA, Sokolova N. Optimization of bread quality with quinoa flour of different particle size and degree of wheat flour replacement. Food Science and Technology. 2020;40(2):307‚Äď314. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1590/fst.38318.
- Zhukov EV. Sovershenstvovanie tekhnologii izdeliy iz zhidkogo testa [Improving the batter technology]. Cand. eng. sci. diss. St. Petersburg: St. Petersburg State University of Trade and Economics; 1994. 14 p.
- Chugunova OV, Kokoreva LA, Tiunov VM. Recipe justiftcation of the dry gluten-free bake mix. Food Industry. 2018;3(2):22‚Äď30. (In Russ.).
- Lezhina EA. Tekhnologiya muchnykh izdeliy iz bezdrozhzhevogo testa s ovoshchnymi dobavkami [Technology of flour-based products from yeast-free dough with vegetable additives]. Cand. eng. sci. diss. Moscow: Plekhanov Russian University of Economics; 1988. 24 p.
- Tumanova AL, Agrba VZ. Pre-clinical studies of the drug on the basis of microwave derivatives ‚Äúchlorella‚ÄĚ, ‚Äúnonpathogenic probiotic products‚ÄĚ and phytoproducts of the black sea coast of the Caucasus. International Journal of Applied and Fundamental Research. 2019;(7):73‚Äď77. (In Russ.).
- Bogdanov NI, Kunitsyn MV. Method of culturing microalga based on strain ‚ÄúChlorella vulgaris IFR N C-111‚ÄĚ. Russia patent RU 2176667C1. 2001.
- Navarro F, Forj√°n E, V√°zquez M, Montero Z, Bermejo E, Casta√Īo MA, et al. Microalgae as a safe food source for animals: nutritional characteristics of the acidophilic microalga Coccomyxa onubensis. Food and Nutrition Research. 2016;60(1). DOI: https://doi.org/10.3402/fnr.v60.30472.
- Petryakov VV. Veterinary evaluation of the basic biochemical indices of blood serum in rats exposed to radiation when fed rations supplemented with chlorella algae. Izvestia Orenburg State Agrarian University. 2017;66(4):144‚Äď45. (In Russ.).
- Zukhrabova LM, Galieva AM. Optimization of biotechnology of cultivation of chlorella in the laboratory. Scientific Notes Kazan Bauman State Academy of Veterinary Medicine. 2014;217(1):99‚Äď102. (In Russ.).
- Ilyuchyk IA, Nikandrov VN. Chlorella Vulgaris culture growth and protein accumulation at MnCl2 addition in nutrient medium. Bulletin of Polessky State University. Series in Natural Sciences. 2018;(1):53‚Äď64. (In Russ.).
- Kent M, Welladsen HM, Mangott A, Li Y. Nutritional evaluation of Australian microalgae as potential human health supplements. PLoS ONE. 2015;10(2). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0118985.
- Shalygo N. Medical aspects of algology. The Science and Innovations. 2018;180(2):20‚Äď23. (In Russ.).
- Shim JA, Son YA, Park JM, Kim MK. Effect of chlorella intake on cadmium metabolism in rats / [et al.] // Nutrition Research and Practice. 2009;3(1):15‚Äď22. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4162/nrp.2009.3.1.15.
- Lin S-H, Li M-H, Chuang K-A, Lin N-H, Chang C-H, Wu H-C, et al. Chlorella sorokiniana extract prevents cisplatin-induced myelotoxicity in vitro and in vivo. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity. 2020;2020. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/7353618.
- Noguchi N, Maruyama I, Yamada A. The influence of Chlorella and its hot water extract supplementation on quality of life in patients with breast cancer. Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2014;2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/704619.
- Ku CS, Yang Y, Park Y, Lee J. Health benefits of blue-green algae: Prevention of cardiovascular disease and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Journal of Medicinal Food. 2013;16(2):103‚Äď111. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1089/jmf.2012.2468.
- Bochkareva Z–ź. Improving the technology of wafer products using pumpkin powder. Bulletin Samara State Agricultural Academy. 2014;(4):74‚Äď79. (In Russ.).
- Kodentsova VM, Vrzhesinskaya OA, Risnik DV, Nikityuk DB, Tutelyan VA. Micronutrient status of population of the Russian Federation and possibility of its correction. State of the problem. Problems of Nutrition. 2017;86(4):113‚Äď124. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.24411/0042-8833-2017-00067.
- Zhilinskaya NV, Bessonov VV, Gromovykh PS, Bogachuk MN. Development of a modern methodological base for monitoring the content of vitamins in food and food supplements. Problems of Nutrition. 2018;87(6):106‚Äď116. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.24411/0042-8833-2018-10072.
- Kodentsova VM, Vrzhesinskaya OA, Sokol'nikov AA. Food fortification: the history and perspectives. Problems of Nutrition. 2012;81(5):66‚Äď78. (In Russ.).