|Title of article
||REDUCING WATER CONTAMINATION TO ENSURE THE QUALITY AND SAFETY OF FOOD PRODUCTS
Ivetich M., Dr.Sci., Professor of the Department of Hydrology and
Hydraulics, Belgrade University
Gorelkina A., Cand.Sci.(Chem.), Associate Professor, Associate Professor
of the Department of Technosphere Safety, Kemerovo State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
||Introduction. Chemical factor presupposes substances that enter the finished product and reduce its quality. Water used in production process can be a source of such substances. The domestic drinking water supply system may contain various contaminants that possess toxic and carcinogenic properties and can affect the quality characteristics of food products.
Study objects and methods. The research featured popular water pollutants found in the drinking water supply system, components of fruit and whey beverages, and the process of adsorption extraction of the contaminants by various sorbents.
Results and discussion. The paper focuses on the effect of water contamination as a dangerous chemical factor on the quality of restored whey products. The study revealed the effect of organic water pollutants on the formulation components of reduced fruit and whey beverages, including interaction with proteins, lactose, and vitamins of the reduced whey. The research also featured such components of fruit and whey vitamin beverages as anthocyanins, catechins, leucoanthocyanins, and karatine, as well as additives introduced to regulate the sensory properties and improve shelf life. The paper introduces a new method for reducing water contamination based on adsorption processes for extracting organic compounds from aqueous solutions. It describes the specifics, patterns, and mechanisms of adsorption. Activated carbons of SKD-515, AG-OV-1, and AG-3 brands proved to have the best adsorption capacity for both chloroform and trichloroethylene, which makes it possible to recommend them for further research and practical use. A study of the kinetic and dynamic characteristics of the process resulted in the optimal parameters of adsorption columns and operation modes of the adsorption filter. A production flowchart describes the introduction of the adsorption posttreatment stage in the technological process of producing fruit and whey beverages.
Conclusion. The proposed method of water decontamination partially reduced the chemical factor and improved the quality of the finished products.
||Drinking water, trichloroethylene, chloroform, adsorption post-treatment, whey drinks
||Received August 7, 2020
Accepted September 25, 2020
Available online October 8, 2020
||Ivetich M, Gorelkina AK. Reducing Water Contamination to Ensure the Quality and Safety of Food Products. Food
Processing: Techniques and Technology. 2020;50(3):515â€“524. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.21603/2074-9414-2020-3-515-524.
- TutelÊ¹yan VA, Baturin AK. BezopasnostÊ¹ pishchevykh produktov â€“ prioritet innovatsionnogo razvitiya APK i formirovaniya
u naseleniya zdorovogo tipa pitaniya [Food safety as a priority of the innovative development of the agro-industrial complex and a
healthy diet among the population]. In: Gordeev AV, editor. ProdovolÊ¹stvennaya nezavisimostÊ¹ Rossii. T. 1 [Food independence of
Russia. Vol. 1]. Moscow: Tekhnologiya TSD; 2016. Ñ€p. 113â€“144. (In Russ.).
- Baryshnikova NI, Reznichenko IYu, Vayskrobova ES. Development of the safety management system based on
hazard analysis and critical control points approach at wheat bread production. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology.
2017;47(4):115â€“122. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.21603/2074-9414-2017-4-115-122.
- Petrosyan VS, Shuvalova EA. Insurance of water use chemical safety. Ecology and Industry of Russia. 2016;20(4):40â€“45.
(In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.18412/1816-0395-2016-4-40-45.
- Rakhmanin YuA, Meltser AV, Kiselev AV, Erastova NV. Hygienic substantiation of management decisions with the use
of the integral assessment of drinking water on indices of chemical harmlessness and epidemiological safety. Hygiene and Sanitation.
2017;96(4):302â€“305. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.18821/0016-9900-2017-96-4-302-305.
- Krasnova TA, Skolubovich YuL. Obezzarazhivanie vody v sisteme pitÊ¹evogo vodosnabzheniya [Water decontamination
in the drinking water supply system]. Novosibirsk: Novosibirsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering; 2012. 113 p.
- Krasnova TA, Timoshchuk IV, Gorelkina AK, Belyaeva OV. Effect of priority drinking water contaminants on the
quality indicators of beverages during their production and storage. Foods and Raw Materials. 2018;6(1):230â€“241. DOI: https://doi.
- Akhmadiev RYa, Gimedeev MM. Gigienicheskie problemy, svyazannye s prisutstviem v pitÊ¹evoy vode
galogensoderzhashchikh soedineniy [Hygiene problems associated with halogenated compounds in drinking water]. Kazan Medical
Journal. 1992;73(2):148â€“158. (In Russ.).
- Khramtsov AG, Vasilin SV. Spravochnik tekhnologa molochnogo proizvodstva. Tekhnologiya i retseptury. Produkty iz
obezzhirennogo moloka, pakhty i molochnoy syvorotki [A technologistâ€™s guide to dairy production. Technology and formulations.
Products made from skim milk, buttermilk, and whey]. St. Petersburg: GIORD; 2004. 576 p. (In Russ.).
- Khramtsov AG, Brykalov AV, Pilipenko NYu. Whey drinks with vegetable components. Dairy Industry. 2012;(7):64â€“65.
- Sarafanova LA. Primenenie pishchevykh dobavok v industrii napitkov [Food additives in beverage industry].
St. Petersburg: Professiya; 2007. 240 p. (In Russ.).
- Krasnova TA, Timoshchuk IV. Vliyanie prioritetnykh zagryazniteley pitÊ¹evoy vody na kachestvo bezalkogolÊ¹nykh
napitkov i vosstanovlennykh molochnykh produktov [Effect of priority drinking water pollutants on the quality of soft drinks and
reconstituted dairy products]. Kemerovo: Kemerovo Technological Institute of Food Industry; 2013. 142 p. (In Russ.).
- Koganovskiy AM, Klimenko NA, Levchenko TM, Roda IG. Adsorbtsiya organicheskikh veshchestv iz vody [Adsorption
of organic substances from water]. Leningrad: Khimiya; 1990. 256 p. (In Russ.).
- Tikhomirova EI, Plotnikova OA, Atamanova OV, Istrashkina MV, Koshelev AV, Podolsky AL. The use of
multicomponent adsorption filters in water purification systems and luminescent control of ecotoxicant content. Theoretical and
Applied Ecology. 2019;(1):73â€“81 DOI: https://doi.org/10.25750/1995-4301-2019-1-073-081.
- Kaljukova EN, Ivanskaya NN, Glushkov VA. Sorption capacity of some natural materials in relation to zinc cations.
Water: chemistry and ecology. 2019;(10â€“12):106â€“113. (In Russ.).
- Fomenko AI, Sokolov LI. Characteristics of natural mineral sorbent for water treatment of drinking water from
underground sources. Ecology and Industry of Russia. 2020;24(7):12â€“17. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.18412/1816-0395-2020-
- Gavrilov GB, Gavrilov BG. Laws membran concentration whey fibers. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology.
2009;12(1):26â€“29. (In Russ.).
- Babenyshev SP, Zhidkov VE, Mamay DS, Utkin VP, Shapakov NA. Improving the efficiency of whey ultrafiltration
separation by pre-cleaning with plant polysaccharides. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology. 2016;40(1):68â€“74. (In Russ.).
- Khramtsov AG. Traditions and innovations of dairy industry. Foods and Raw Materials. 2015;3(1):140â€“141. DOI: https://
- Gavrilova N, Chernopolskaya N, Rebezov M, Schetinina E, Suyazova I, Safronov S, et al. Development of specialized
food products for nutrition of sportsmen. Journal of Critical Reviews. 2020;7(4):233â€“236. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31838/jcr.07.04.43.
- Galstyan AG, Aksyonova LM, Lisitsyn AB, Oganesyants LA, Petrov AN. Modern approaches to storage and effective
processing of agricultural products for obtaining high-quality food products. Vestnik Rossijskoj akademii nauk. 2019;89(5):539â€“542.
(In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.31857/S0869-5873895539-542.