|Title of article
||UNIFIED STANDARDS OF THE EURASIAN ECONOMIC UNION FOR FRUIT AND VEGETABLE PRODUCTS AS A MEANS OF INTEGRATED TRADE IN THE GLOBAL ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
Moskovenko N., Cand.Sci.(Eng.), Associate Professor of the Department of Food Engineering, Ural State University of Economics
Tikhonov S., Dr.Sci.(Eng.), Professor, Head of the Department of Food Engineering, Ural State University of Economics, email@example.com
Tikhonova N., Dr.Sci.(Eng.), Professor, Professor of the Department of Food Engineering, Ural State University of Economic, firstname.lastname@example.org
Muratov A., Cand.Sci.(Agr.), Senior Lecturer of the Department of Standardization, Metrology and Certification, Saken Seifullin Kazakh Agrotechnical University, email@example.com
||Introduction. A unified system of normative and technical regulation can facilitate export of fruit and vegetables. The research objective was to develop a draft of unified standards for marketing regulation and quality control of fruit and vegetable products that participate in foreign trade in the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU).
Study objects and methods. The study featured draft standards for quality of prepared and packaged food products, classification, size, labeling, packaging, safety indicators, etc. The research also included development programs of interstate standards for technical regulations and objects of technical regulation, i.e. fresh fruit and vegetables. Research methods involved comparison, analysis, synthesis, peer review, comprehensive standardization, and system analysis.
Results and its discussion. The present article provides an analytical review of the world export of fruit and vegetables by EAEU countries. Export to third countries demonstrated a positive growth trend: the export of vegetables increased by 19.3% and that of fruit â by 3.6%, in comparison with 2018. The paper focuses on the structure of the drafts, their main tasks and advantages. It gives a detailed description of drafts that regulate pre-export standards (quality, commodity procedures, packaging, etc.), as well as post-export requirements. The authors developed standards that specify maturity, calibration, labeling, hygienic requirements, contaminants, etc. The draft standards may help to regulate the sale and control of the commercial quality of fresh fruit and vegetables, including organic products.
Conclusion. The new international standards for fresh fruit and vegetables, including organic products, will reduce procedural and documentary barriers between the EAEU and the world market, thus increasing the volume of foreign trade in fruit and vegetables.
||Food safety, standards, technical conditions, fruits and vegetables
||Received September 21, 2020
Accepted September 30, 2020
Available online October 8, 2020
||Moskovenko NV, Tikhonov SL, Tikhonova NV, Muratov AA. Unified Standards of the Eurasian Economic Union for Fruit and Vegetable Products as a Means of Integrated Trade in the Global Economic Environment. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology. 2020;50(3):559â574. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.21603/2074-9414-2020-3-559-574.
- Aganbegyan AG. Agriculture as a driving force of the Russia social and economic growth. Eco. 2017;515(5):5â22. (In Russ.).
- Vartanova ML. Agro-industrial complex: problems of social and economic modernization. Social policy and sociology.
2017;16(3)(122):20â28. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.17922/2071-3665-2017-16-3-20-28.
- Brunori G, Branca G, Cembalo L, DâHaese M, Dries L. Agricultural and Food Economics: the challenge of sustainability.
Agricultural and Food Economics. 2020;8(12). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s40100-020-00156-2.
- Kini J, Pouw N, Gupta J. Organic vegetables demand in urban area using a outcome model: case study of Burkina
Faso. Agricultural and Food Economics. 2020;8(22). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s40100-020-00166-0.
- Larsson M, Morin L, Hahn T, Sandahl J. Institutional barriers to organic farming in Central and Eastern European countries
of the Baltic Sea region. Agricultural and Food Economics. 2013;1(5). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/2193-7532-1-5.
- Matthews, A. Agricultural structures and performance in the candidate countries [Internet] [cited 2020 Aug 20]. Available
- Kulikov IM, Minakov IA. ProdovolÊ¹stvennaya bezopasnostÊ¹ v sfere proizvodstva i potrebleniya plodoovoshchnoy produktsii
[Food security in the field of production and consumption of fruit and vegetables]. APK: ehkonomika, upravlenie [Agro-industrial
complex: economy and management]. 2016;(2):4â16. (In Russ).
- Kawecka-Wyrzykowska E, Rosati D. The Accession of Central European Countries to the European Union: The trade and
investment effects on Belarus, the Russian Federation and Ukraine. UNECE Discussion Paper Series. 2003;(1):54.
- Maslova VV. Economic aspects of formation of the Euroasian Economic Union in the agrarian sphere. Ehkonomika
selÊ¹skogo khozyaystva Rossii [Agricultural Economics in Russia]. 2015;(7):89â95. (In Russ.).
- Buben SB, Averyanova EG. International activities of the Eurasian Economic Commission in the field of agriculture.
Trade policy. 2019;18(2):25â38. (In Russ.).
- Obzor gosudarstvennoy politiki v sfere agropromyshlennogo kompleksa gosudarstv â chlenov Evraziyskogo
ehkonomicheskogo soyuza za 2012â2018 gody [A review of state policy regarding the agro-industrial complex of the Eurasian
Economic Union countries for 2012â2018]. Moscow: Agricultural Policy Department of the Eurasian Economic Commission; 2018.
104 p. (In Russ.).
- Ushachev IG. Importozameshchenie v agrarnom sektore stran Evraziyskogo ehkonomicheskogo soyuza: problemy i
resheniya [Import substitution in the agrarian sector of the Eurasian Economic Union countries: problems and solutions]. Razvitie
torgovli i obespechenie prodovolÊ¹stvennoy bezopasnosti v usloviyakh monopolizatsii kanalov sbyta: zadachi biznesa i vlasti:
Materialy Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii [Development of trade and ensuring food security in the context
of monopolization of distribution channels: tasks of business and government: Materials of the international scientific and practical
conference]; 2017; Moscow. Moscow: All-Russian Research Institute of agricultural Economics; 2017. p. 236â244. (In Russ.).
- Ushachev IG, Maslova VV, Chekalin VS. Economic problems of import substitution in the conditions of scientific and
technological development of agrarian and industrial complex of Russia. APK: ehkonomika, upravlenie [Agro-industrial complex:
economy and management]. 2017;(11):4â11. (In Russ).
- Tambiev AH. Marketing research to identify the specificity and capacity of the Russian market of organic products.
International Agricultural Journal. 2019;(1):59â62. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.24411/2587-6740-2019-11016.
- Temirbekova AB, Temirbek EB, Shalkeeva ZhN. Problemy proizvodstva i potrebleniya prodovolÊ¹stvennykh tovarov i
puti ikh resheniya v stranakh EAEHS [Problems of production and consumption of food products and their solutions in the EAEU
countries]. Vestnik Kyrgyzskogo universiteta [Bulletin of the Kyrgyz University]. 2014;6â10. (In Russ.).
- Aganbegyan AG. On the way to the civilized market. The Bulletin of the Institute of Economics of the Russian Academy
of Sciences. 2018;(1):7â26. (In Russ.).
- Vartanova ML. Forecast of agricultural production growth and increase of domestic demand in terms of import
substitution. Russian Journal of Entrepreneurship. 2018;19(6):1803â1824. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18334/rp.19.6.39243.
- Contini C, Marotta G, Torquati B. Multi-actor approaches to implement cooperative strategies and value chains based on
sustainability. Agricultural and Food Economics. 2020;8(7). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s40100-019-0147-3.
- Bar T, Zheng Y. Choosing certifiers: evidence from the British retail consortium food safety standard. American Journal
of Agricultural Economics. 2019;101(1):74â88. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/ajae/aay024.
- Kostyleva OF. Standarty kachestva EEHK OON v stranakh SNG [UNECE quality standards in the CIS countries].
Standards and Quality. 2011;(1):48â50. (In Russ.).
- Narynbayeva AS, Sigarev MI. Perspective directions of development of one agrarian market of the Eurasian Economic
Union. Vestnik NSUEM. 2018;(3):194â207. (In Russ.).
- Podbiralina GV. Main areas of cooperation of foreign Eurasian Economic Union. International Trade and Trade Policy.
2016;5(1):15â26. (In Russ.).
- Mohammed R, Zheng Y. International diffusion of food safety standards: the role of domestic certifiers and international
trade. Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics. 2017;49(2):296â322. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/aae.2017.2.
- Dogovor o Evraziyskom ehkonomicheskom soyuze [Treaty on the Eurasian Economic Union] [Internet]. [cited 2020 Aug
20]. Available from: https://docs.eaeunion.org/sites/storage0/Lists/Documents/a089f4c6-02da-4461-b033-3f5d122e0020/e57db9f2-
- Podpisan Memorandum o vzaimoponimanii mezhdu Evraziyskoy ehkonomicheskoy komissiey i Ministerstvom selÊ¹skogo
khozyaystva Vengrii o sotrudnichestve v oblasti agropromyshlennogo kompleksa [Memorandum of understanding was signed
between the Eurasian economic Commission and the Ministry of agriculture of Hungary on cooperation in the field of agriculture]
[Internet]. [cited 2020 Aug 20]. Available from: http://www.eurasiancommission.org/ru/nae/news/Pages/27-09-2016-5.aspx.
- Uproshchenie protsedur torgovli selÊ¹skokhozyaystvennymi tovarami s ne prisoedinyayushchimisya k Evropeyskomu
soyuzu stranami posle ego rasshireniya [Facilitation of trade in agricultural products with non-EU countries after enlargement]
[Internet]. [cited 2020 Aug 20]. Available from: www.unece.org âº fileadmin âº DAM âº trade âº ctied8.
- Protokol o prodlenii sroka primeneniya Memoranduma o vzaimoponimanii mezhdu Evraziyskoy ehkonomicheskoy
komissiey i ProdovolÊ¹stvennoy i selÊ¹skokhozyaystvennoy organizatsiey ObÊºedinennykh Natsiy [Protocol on the extension of the term
for the application of the Memorandum of Understanding between the Eurasian Economic Commission and the Food and Agriculture
Organization of the United Nations] [Internet]. [cited 2020 Aug 20]. Available from: https://www.eurasiancommission.org/ru/act/
- O poryadke osushchestvleniya Evraziyskim ehkonomicheskim soyuzom mezhdunarodnogo sotrudnichestva [On the
procedure for international cooperation in the Eurasian Economic Union] [Internet]. [cited 2020 Aug 20]. Available from: https://