|Title of article
||FLOUR BAKING MIXES: OPTIMAL OPERATING PARAMETERS FOR VIBRATION MIXERS
Borodulin D., Kemerovo State University, Kemerovo, Russia
Sukhorukov D., Kemerovo State University, Kemerovo, Russia, email@example.com
Musina O., Altai Research Institute of Agriculture, Polzunov Altai State Technical University, Barnaul, Russia
Shulbaeva M., Kemerovo State University, Kemerovo, Russia
Zorina T. , Kemerovo State University, Kemerovo, Russia
Kiselev D., Kemerovo State University, Kemerovo, Russia
Miller E., Kemerovo State University, Kemerovo, Russia
||Introduction. New long-storage flour baking mixes are a promising direction in the development of healthy diets. The research objective was to identify the rational parameters for using continuous vibration mixers in flour production.
Study objects and methods. The study featured wheat flour baking mixes. A correlation analysis helped to build mathematical models of the mixing process in vibration mixers using the sequential dilution method. By comparing the smoothing ability of several mixers, the authors identified their feasibility. The research included two full-factor laboratory experiments.
Results and discussion. The paper gives a brief review of modern mixing equipment and describes the effect of uneven feeding of bulk materials on the quality of the finished mixes. The vertical vibration mixers proved to be an optimal technical solution. The experiment featured the effect of the amplitude A (m), vibration frequency f (Hz), vibration angle Î˛ (Â°), and the height of the vibrofluidized bed on the process.
Conclusion. The research revealed the following optimal technological parameters: A = 0.0046 m, f = 33.48 Hz, the share of food salt = 0.05. Continuous vibration mixers provided uniform high-quality baking mixes.
||Mixer, powdered compositions, wheat flour, serial dilution method, smoothing ability
||Received January 22, 2021
Accepted March 19, 2021
Available online March 25, 2021
||Borodulin DĐś, Sukhorukov DV, Musina ON, Shulbaeva MT, Zorina TV, Kiselev DI, et al. Flour Baking Mixes: Optimal Operating Parameters for Vibration Mixers. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology. 2021;51(1):196â€“208. (In Russ.).
- Garvey EC, Oâ€™Sullivan MG, Kerry JP, Kilcawley KN. Factors influencing the sensory perception of reformulated baked
confectionary products. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. 2020;60(7):1160â€“1188. https://doi.org/10.1080/10408398.2
- Birch CS, Bonwick GA. Ensuring the future of functional foods. International Journal of Food Science and Technology.
- Momin MA, Jubayer MF, Begum AA, Nupur AH, Ranganathan TV, Mazumder MAR. Substituting wheat flour with okara
flour in biscuit production. Foods and Raw Materials. 2020;8(2):422â€“428. https://doi.org/10.21603/2308- 4057-2020-2-422-428.
- Yaver E, BilgiĂ§li N. Effects of different dephytinisation methods on chemical properties of commercial and traditional
breads prepared from composite flour. Food Chemistry. 2019;276:77â€“83. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2018.09.169.
- Nyembwe PM, de Kock HL, Taylor JRN. Potential of defatted marama flour-cassava starch composites to produce
functional gluten-free bread-type dough. LWT â€“ Food Science and Technology. 2018;92:429â€“434. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.
- Bukhovets VA, Yefimova DV, Davydova LV. New production technology for nutritionally enhanced bakery products.
Food Processing: Techniques and Technology. 2019;49(2):193â€“200. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.21603/2074-9414-2019-2-193-200.
- Vershinina OL, Gonchar VV, Roslyakov YuF, Eremina AE, Simonyan EA. Features technology of gluten-free bakery
products. News of Institutes of Higher Education. Food Technology. 2019;368â€“369(2â€“3):39â€“41. (In Russ.).
- Bigne F, Puppo MC, Ferrero C. Mesquite (Prosopis alba) flour as a novel ingredient for obtaining a â€śpanettone-likeâ€ť
bread. Applicability of part-baking technology. LWT â€“ Food Science and Technology. 2018;89:666â€“673. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.
- Ivanets VN, Borodulin DM, Shushpannikov AB, Sukhorukov DV. Intensification of bulk material mixing in new designs of
drum, vibratory and centrifugal mixers. Foods and Raw Materials. 2015;3(1):62â€“69. https://doi.org/10.12737/11239.
- Borodulin DM, Zorina TV, Nevskaya EV, Sukhorukov DV, Cherkashina DK. Mixing unit for production of flour
baking mixes with high protein content. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology. 2019;49(4):579â€“586. (In Russ.). https://doi.
- Angioloni A, Collar C. Effects of pressure treatment of hydrated oat, finger millet and sorghum flours on the quality
and nutritional properties of composite wheat breads. Journal of Cereal Science. 2012;56(3):713â€“719. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.
- Bourekoua H, Benatallah L, Zidoune MN, Rosell CM. Developing gluten free bakery improvers by hydrothermal
treatment of rice and corn flours. LWT â€“ Food Science and Technology. 2016;73:342â€“350. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2016.06.032.
- Varzakas T. Quality and safety aspects of cereals (wheat) and their products. Critical Reviews in Food Science and
Nutrition. 2016;56(15):2495â€“2510. https://doi.org/10.1080/10408398.2013.866070.
- Villarino CBJ, Jayasena V, Coorey R, Chakrabarti-Bell S, Foley R, Fanning K, et al. The effects of lupin (Lupinus
angustifolius) addition to wheat bread on its nutritional, phytochemical and bioactive composition and protein quality. Food Research
International. 2015;76:58â€“65. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2014.11.046.
- Carbas B, Vaz-Patto MC, Bronze MR, Bento-Da-Silva A, Trigo MJ, Brites C. Maize flour parameters that are related
to the consumer perceived quality of â€śbroaâ€ť specialty bread. Food Science and Technology. 2016;36(2):259â€“267. https://doi.
- Schmiele M, Ferrari Felisberto MH, Pedrosa Silva Clerici MT, Chang YK. Mixolabâ„˘ for rheological evaluation of
wheat flour partially replaced by soy protein hydrolysate and fructooligosaccharides for bread production. LWT â€“ Food Science and
Technology. 2017;76:259â€“269. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2016.07.014.
- Pozdnyakova OG, Egushova EA, Tyshchenko EA. Functional confectionery products: development of production process.
Food Processing: Techniques and Technology. 2018;48(3):90â€“95. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.21603/2074-9414-2018-3-90-95.
- Collar C. Impact of visco-metric profile of composite dough matrices on starch digestibility and firming and retrogradation
kinetics of breads thereof: Additive and interactive effects of non-wheat flours. Journal of Cereal Science. 2016;69:32â€“39. https://doi.
- Vasilyev AS, Chumakova EN, Farinyuk YuT. The formation of wheat bread quality indicators by adding Jerusalem
artichoke powder. Bulletin of KSAU. 2019;146(5):174â€“181. (In Russ.).
- Misteneva SYu, Demchenko EA, Savenkova TV. Development of flour confectionery products with use of unrefined
plant raw materials. Food Industry. 2019;(8):66â€“71. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.24411/0235-2486-2019-10129.