Copyright ©Kurakin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0. (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
), allowing third parties to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and to remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially, provided the original work is properly cited and states its license.
Received 02 June, 2021 |
Accepted in revised form 25 June, 2021 |
Published 28 September, 2021
Introduction. Negative trends in the service market make food companies create competitive products that meet the needs of consumers. The COVID-19 pandemic exacerbated the need to design new formulations that meet complex requirements and use IT options. The research objective was to create a new approach to the development of products for various types of food industry enterprises.
Study objects and methods. The research featured a questionnaire, in which Kemerovo citizens were asked to establish and rank a list of consumer properties for food served at cafes, restaurants, and canteens, as well as to define the ratio of prescription components of model samples and the quality indicators of model samples. The study was based on standard survey methods, sensory and microbiological evaluation, and the Delphi 7software.
Results and discussion. The research revealed nomenclature of consumer properties (15 names) of public catering products, which were classified into seven groups of indicators. The following indicators received the highest score (86–100 points): sensory indicators, quality indicators, safety and freshness, appearance, and price. Caloric value proved to be of a relatively low significance (≤ 42 points). The research resulted in a methodology for designing competitive products based on consumer preferences and new application software.
Conclusion. Food companies should take into account the degree of significance of particular indicators to create popular and cost-friendly dishes. This research offers a new methodology for designing competitive products based on consumer preferences and the application of the developed program. The consistency and effectiveness of the proposed approach was confirmed by testing the developed dishes at cafes and school canteens.
, consumer properties
, information technology
- Sokolova OL, Skopova LV. Innovations implementation foreign experience review in the services field of the food industry. Food Industry. 2019;4(1):72–80. (In Russ.).
- Rusinova DYu, Voronova MS, Voronov MP. Consumer orientation – the principle of total quality management. Scientific Review. Economic Sciences. 2018;(2):11–17. (In Russ.).
- Di Lorenzo L, Pipoli A, Manghisi NM, Clodoveo ML, Corbo F, De Pergola G, et al. Nutritional hazard analysis and critical control points at work (NACCPW): interdisciplinary assessment of subjective and metabolic work-related risk of the workers and their prevention. International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition. 2020;71(7):902–908. https://doi.org/10.1080/09637486.2020.1750572.
- Fomin AA, Mikhailina EI. Analysis of the main food markets in the context of the spread of COVID-2019 coronovirus and prospects for overcoming the crisis. Moscow Economic Journal. 2020;(5):360–367. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.24411/2413-046X-2020-10364.
- Shurakova NN. Global food market during COVID-19. Russian Foreign Economic Journal. 2020;(8):111–119. (In Russ.).
- Politkovskaya IV, Tkacheva MS, Balandina VV. State and development of the potential of public catering enterprises in the conditions of the coronavirus pandemic. Economy and Business: Theory and Practice. 2020;70(12–2):220–225. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.24411/2411-0450-2020-11109.
- Mayurnikova LA, Koksharov AA, Krapiva TV. Food safety practices in catering during the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. Foods and Raw Materials. 2020;8(2):197–203. https://doi.org/10.21603/2308-4057-2020-2-197-203.
- Karamnova NS, Drapkina OM. COVID-19 and nutrition: new emphases, old priorities (review of guidelines). Cardiovascular Therapy and Prevention. 2020;19(3):327–330. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.15829/1728-8800-2020-2576.
- Naumenko NV, Potoroko IYu, Kalinina IV, Nenasheva AV, Botvinnikova VV. Possibilities of regulating stress-protective activity of food products to improve immunity under the conditions of the COVID-19 pandemic. Human. Sport. Medicine. 2020;20(S1):116–127. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.14529/hsm20s115.
- Pilat TL, Radysh IV, Surovtsev VV, Korosteleva MM, Khanferyan RA. Dietary management of digestive and gastrointestinal disorders after long-term self-isolation and lockdown as well as patients with SARS-CoV-2 during the rehabilitation period. Medical Council. 2020;(15):146–152. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.21518/2079-701X-2020-15-146-152.
- Laviano A, Koverech A, Zanetti M. Nutrition support in the time of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19). Nutrition. 2020;74. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nut.2020.110834.
- Love DC, Allison EH, Asche F, Belton B, Cottrell RS, Froehlich HE, et al. Emerging COVID-19 impacts, responses, and lessons for building resilience in the seafood system. Global Food Security. 2021;28. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gfs.2021.100494.
- Rodriguez Leyva D, Pierce GN. The impact of nutrition on the COVID‐19 pandemic and the impact of the COVID‐19 pandemic on nutrition. Nutrients. 2021;13(6). https://doi.org/10.3390/nu13061752.
- Kochetkova AA, Vorobyeva VM, Sarkisyan VA, Vorobyeva IS, Smirnova EA, Shatnyuk LN. Dynamics of innovations in food technologies: from specialization to personalization. Problems of Nutrition. 2020;89(4):233–243. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.24411/0042-8833-2020-10056.
- Ozherel'eva AV, Kurakin MS. The study of preferences of inabitants of the city of Kemerovo as far as consumer properties of products of public catering is concerned. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology. 2017;46(3):147–151. (In Russ.).
- Ozhereleva AV, Kurakin M, Stepanov SV. Formation of consumer properties of competitive products of public catering. Technology and Merchandising of the Innovative Foodstuff. 2018;51(4):114–118. (In Russ.).
- Tolkunova NN. Matematicheskoe modelirovanie retseptury sosisok [Mathematical modeling of sausage formulations]. Meat Industry. 2004;(10):48–50. (In Russ.).
- Paschenko LP, Kurchaeva EE, Bachmet MP. Functional food products on basis of combinatorial analysis. News of Institutes of Higher Education. Food Technology. 2012;326–327(2–3):84–87. (In Russ.).
- Ivashkin YuA, Yudina SB, Nikitina MA. Informatsionnye tekhnologii proektirovaniya i otsenki kachestva pishchevykh produktov napravlennogo deystviya [IT for the design and quality assessment of functional foods]. Meat Industry. 2000;(5):40–41. (In Russ.).
- Ozherelʹeva AV, Krapiva TV, Nishanova OV, Kurakin MS. Raschet koehffitsienta obosnovaniya neobkhodimosti razrabotki novogo blyuda dlya predpriyatiy industrii pitaniya [Calculation of the coefficient of justifying the need to develop a new dish for food industry enterprises]. Computer program certificate of state registration No. 2021615376. 2021.
How to quote?
Kurakin MS, Ozherel’eva AV, Motyreva OG, Krapiva TV. A New Approach to the Development of Food
Products. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology. 2021;51(3):434–448. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.21603/2074-