AbstractIntroduction. Contemporary food industry strives to increase the production volume of high-quality and biologically complete protein products. The Foodnet market also raised the demand for functional foods in Russia. The research objective was to develop a new functional curd product fortified with probiotic microflora.
Study objects and methods. The study featured cow’s milk, skimmed milk, cream, whey protein concentrate Milkiland-WPC 80, pollen, glutamine, starter cultures DVS Danisco Probat 576 and Howaru Bifido ARO-1, buckwheat flour, and oat flour. The experiment included physicochemical, sensory, biochemical, and microbiological methods.
Results and discussion. The milk-protein base of the curd product was produced in a GEA Westfalia KDB 30 curd separator. The research involved 15 and 20% cream with two different starter cultures. In case of 15% cream, Probat 576 Howaru Bifido appeared to be 1.66 times more active than ARO-1 Howaru Bifido, in case of 20% cream the result was even higher – 1.73 times. Probat 576 also demonstrated a better active acidity, i.e. 5.5 after three hours, which was two hours faster than ARO-1. Mathematical modeling revealed the positive effect of buckwheat and oat flour on the cream fermentation process. Oat flour (5%) was the optimal prebiotic, while buckwheat flour added its color to the final product, thus spoiling its market quality.
Conclusion. The new biotechnology for a curd product fortified with probiotic cultures can expand the range of functional products for sports diet.
KeywordsMilk, whey protein, enzymes, starter culture, grain, sports nutrition, prebiotic, functional ingredients
- Filippova ON, Rakhmanov RS. Evaluation of association between exercise performance of sportsmen and vitamin-minreals saturation of their organisms. Modern problems of science and education. 2014;(6). (In Russ.).
- Gavrilova NB, Shchetinin MP, Moliboga EA. Modern state and prospects of the development of production of specialized foodstuffs for athletes. Problems of Nutrition. 2017;86(2):100–106. (In Russ.).
- Zakharova LM, Gorbunchikova MS. A new synbiotic fermented dairy product: Technological production features. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology. 2021;51(1):17–28. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.21603/2074-9414-2021-1-17-28.
- Gavrilova NB, Chernopolskaya NL, Bukharev AG. Curd product for specialized (sports) nutrition. Dairy Industry. 2020;(12):14–16. (In Russ.).
- Trushina EN, Vybornov VD, Riger NA, Mustafina OK, Solntseva TN, Timonin AN, et al. The efficiency of branched chain aminoacids (BCAA) in the nutrition of combat sport athletes. Problems of Nutrition. 2019;88(4):48–56. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.24411/0042-8833-2019-10041.
- Gavrilova N, Chernopolskaya N, Konovalov S. Substantiated screening of functional ingredients for extended shelf life of fermented milk products. Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference: The Fifth Technological Order: Prospects for the Development and Modernization of the Russian Agro-Industrial Sector; 2019; Omsk. Atlantis Press; 2019. p. 9–12. https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.200113.128.
- Gavrilova NB, Schetinin MP, Chernopolskaya NL. Experimental and scientific formulation development of a specialized (sport) product, enriched with probiotic microorganisms. Problems of Nutrition. 2017;86(5):22–28. (In Russ.).
- Valenta R, Dorofeeva YuA. Sport nutrition: The role of macronutrients and minerals in endurance exercises. Foods and Raw Materials. 2018;6(2):403–412. https://doi.org/10.21603/2308-4057-2018-2-403-412.
- Sekulic D, Tahiraj E, Maric D, Olujic D, Bianco A, Zaletel P. What drives athletes toward dietary supplement use: objective knowledge self-perceived competence? Cross-sectional analysis of professional team-sport players from Southeastern Europe during the competitive season. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2019;16(1). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12970-019-0292-9.
- Chappell A, Simper T, Helms E. Nutritional strategies of British professional and amateur natural bodybuilders during competition preparation. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2019;16(1). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12970-019-0302-y.
- Trakman GL, Brown F, Forsyth A, Belski R. Modifications to the nutrition for sport knowledge questionnaire (NSQK) and abridged nutrition for sport knowledge questionnaire (ANSKQ). Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2019;16(1). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12970-019-0293-8.
- Grubic TJ, Sowinski RJ, Nevares BE, Jenkins VM, Williamson SL ,Reyes AG, et al. Comparison of ingesting a food bar containing whey protein and isomalto-oligosaccharides to carbohydrate on performance and recovery from an acute bout of resistance-exercise and sprint conditioning: An open label, randomized, counterbalanced, crossover pilot study. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2019;16(1). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12970-019-0301-z.
- Jang L-G, Choi G, Kim S-W, Kim B-Y, Lee S, Park H. The combination of sport and sport-specific diet is associated with characteristics of gut microbiota: An observational study. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2019;16(1). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12970-019-0290-y.
- Alcantara JMA, Sanchez-Delgado G, Martinez-Tellez B, Labayen I, Ruiz JR. Impact of cow’s milk intake on exercise performance and recovery of muscle function: A systematic review. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2019;16(1). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12970-019-0288-5.
- Chernopolskaya N, Gavrilova N, Rebezov M, Dolmatova I, Zaitseva T, Somova Yu, et al. Biotechnology of specialized product for sports nutrition. International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology. 2019;8(4):40–45.
- Zobkova ZS, Fursova TP, Zenina DV, Gavrilina AD, Shelaginova IR. Fermented milk products as a component of functional nutrition. Dairy Industry. 2019;(2):44–46. (In Russ.).
- Chernopolskaya NL, Gavrilova NB. Biotechnology of specialized food product based on milk for athletes' nutrition. Food Industry. 2019;(10):20–24. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.24411/0235-2486-2019-10140.
- Vygodchikova IYu. Estimating the parameters of a multiple linear regression model according to the minimax criterion. Journal of Applied Informatics. 2015;10(4):105–116. (In Russ.).
- Kashirskih EV, Babich OO, Kriger OV, Ivanova SA. Oat protein concentrate as part of curd product for sport nutrition. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology. 2019;49(3):345–355. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.21603/2074-9414-2019-3-345-355.
- Lisin PA, Voronova TD, Moliboga EA. Metodologiya proektirovaniya produktov pitaniya s zadannymi svoystvami i sostavom [Methodology for designing food products with specified properties and composition]. Omsk: P.A. Stolypin Omsk State Agrarian University; 2015. 142 p. (In Russ.).