Copyright ©Kharitonov et al. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0. (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
), allowing third parties to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and to remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially, provided the original work is properly cited and states its license.
Received 08 December, 2020 |
Accepted in revised form 15 January, 2021 |
Published 03 June, 2021
Introduction. One of the promising methods in the production of dairy and other food in concentrated, condensed and dry forms is a consistent combination of dehydration methods. The subject of this research relevant now is approaches to the calculation of such processes. The work objective is to analyze the dehydration staging effect on the energy consumption in this process.
Study objects and methods. Liquid, concentrated and powdered dairy products: whole and skim milk, milk whey, whole milk substitutes, as well as their dehydration parameters at certain stages. The determination of moisture and solids mass fraction in products was carried out with a standard method.
Results and discussion. The feasibility of using a multi-stage dehydration method for the production of various types of powder milk products has been justified. The characteristic boundaries of solids mass fraction at different stages of the process were determined. The material-balance equation made it possible to define the formula for the total specific energy consumption relative to the unit of the final dry product at an arbitrary number of dehydration stages. The paper contains examples of a comparative efficiency assessment of the dehydration process carried out at different stages from the point of view of energy costs of its implementation.
Conclusion. The research featured various issues related to the use of dehydration methods in the production of milk powder products. An equation has been drawn up to estimate the specific energy consumption of the multi-stage dehydration process relative to a unit of the final dry product. The use of a multi-stage process allows to effectively reduce the specific energy consumption, as well as to generate new high quality products.
, skim milk powder
, whole milk powder
, dry whey
, milk replacers
, vacuum evaporation
, spray drying
, specific energy costs
- Alekseev GV, Egorova OA, Moldovanov D, Egorov AN. Spray drying of food suspensions: upgrading capabilities. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology. 2019;49(1):70–76. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.21603/2074-9414-2019-1-70-76.
- Avanesov VM, Plaksin YuM, Streliukhina AN, Larin VA. Production of disperse plant products by spray-drying method. Storage and Processing of Farm Products. 2016;(5):9–13. (In Russ.).
- Shakhov SV, Magomedov GO, Magomedov MG, Saranov IA. Spray drying unit and agglomeration of food environments. Russia patent RU 2618637S1. 2017.
- Shakhov SV, Saranov IA, Magomedov GO, Magomedov MG. Method of automatic control of the process of spray drying and agglomeration. Russia patent RU 2647745S1. 2018.
- Shovchko AS, Kovalev VM, Stepanova AL, Levshina LYa, Kabanjuk VV. Method of control of spray drying process. Russia patent RU 2023219C1. 1994.
- Shakhov SV, Saranov IA, Magomedov GO, Magomedov MG. Development of a system of automatic control of the process of spray drying and agglomeration. Digitalization of agroindustrial complex: Proceedings; 2018; Tambov. Tambov: Tambov State Technical University; 2018. p. 232–235. (In Russ.).
- Kharitonov VD. Dvukhstadiynaya sushka molochnykh produktov [Two-stage drying of dairy products]. Moscow: Agropromizdat; 1986. 215 p. (In Russ.).
- Masters K. Spray drying. Handbook. New York: Halsted Press; 1985. 696 p.
- Dolinskiy AA, Maletskaya KD. Raspylitelʹnaya sushka. T. 2. Teplotekhnologii i oborudovanie dlya poluche-niya poroshkovykh materialov [Spray drying. Vol. 2. Heat technology and equipment for the production of powder materials]. Kiev: Akademperiodika; 2015. 390 p. (In Russ.).
- Shiyanova NI, Kolyazov KA, Sirotin PA. Elaboration of mathematical model of control of the spray drying plant type. Izvestia MAAO. 2015;(23):163–166. (In Russ.).
- Radaeva IA, Illarionova EE, Turovskaya SN, Ryabova AE, Galstyan AG. Principles of domestic dry milk quality assurance. Food Industry. 2019;(9):54–57. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.24411/0235-2486-2019-10145.
- Galstyan AG, Petrov AN, Radaeva IA, Turovskaya SN, Chervetsov VV, Illarionova EE, Semipyatnyy VK. Teoriya i praktika molochno-konservnogo proizvodstva [Theory and practice of canned milk production]. Moscow: Izdatelʹskiy dom “Fedotov D.A.”; 2016. 181 p. (In Russ.).
- Kutsakova VE, Burykin AI, Makeeva IA. Sovremennoe oborudovanie dlya sushki molochnykh produktov [Modern equipment for powdered dairy products]. Moscow: AgroNIITEHIMMP; 1988. 52 p. (In Russ.).
- Kuznetsov PV, Gabrielova VT. Mertin P. About choosing the equipment for milk and whey drying. Dairy Industry. 2015;(3):34–37. (In Russ.).
- Khomyakov AP. Protsessy i apparaturnoe oformlenie proizvodstv dlya polucheniya poroshkoobraznykh khimi-cheskikh veshchestv [Processes and equipment for production of powdered chemicals]. Dr. Eng. Sci. diss. abstract. Ekaterinburg: Ural State Technical University; 2007. 49 p.
- Kruchinin AG, Agarkova EYu. Ispolʹzovanie membrannykh tekhnologiy pri kontsentrirovanii vtorichnogo molochnogo syrʹya [Membrane technologies in the condensation of secondary dairy raw materials]. Milk Processing. 2017;218(12):54–55. (In Russ.).
- Maksimenko YuA, Feklunova YuS, Telichkina ER, Pshenichnaya NE. Kinetics of spray drying plant materials. Technologies of the Food and Processing Industry of the Agro-Industrial Complex-Healthy Food Products. 2016;11(3):77–81. (In Russ.).
- Kharkov VV, Kuznetsov MG. Simulation of milk spray-drying. Vserossiyskaya nauchno-tekhnicheskaya konferentsiya s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem “Oborudovanie pishchevykh proizvodstv v XXI veke”: sbornik materialov konferentsii [All-Russian Scientific and Technical Conference with international participation “Equipment for Food Production in the XXI century”: conference proceedings]; 2020; Kazan. Kazan: Pechatʹ-servis XXI vek; 2020. p. 62–66. (In Russ.).
- Lin SXQ, Chen XD. Changes in milk droplet diameter during drying under constant drying conditions investigated using the glass-filament method. Food and Bioproducts Processing: Transactions of the Institution of Chemical Engineers, Part C. 2004;82(3C):213–218. https://doi.org/10.1205/fbio.22.214.171.124178.
- Zouari A, Mtibaa I, Triki M, Jridi M, Zidi D, Attia H, et al. Effect of spray-drying parameters on the solubility and the bulk density of camel milk powder: A response surface methodology approach. International Journal of Dairy Technology. 2020;73(3):616–624. https://doi.org/10.1111/1471-0307.12690.
How to quote?
Kharitonov VD, Asafov VA, Kuznetsov PV, Gabrielova VT. Multi-Stage Method of Milk Powder Production:
Energy Costs Analysis. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology. 2021;51(2):395–401. https://doi.org/10.21603/2074-