Copyright ©Gurinovich et al. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0. (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
), allowing third parties to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and to remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially, provided the original work is properly cited and states its license.
Food Processing: Techniques and Technology, 2018, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 66-72
The research features the effect of salting methods on the physical, chemical, and biochemical properties of maral (Siberian red deer) meat in the manufacture of fermented products. Meat salting is considered to be the most significant process in the formation of organoleptic and qualitative properties of whole muscle meat products. The authors measured the changes in the mass fraction of moisture in the products. After that they studied the effect of dry, wet, and mixed salting on mass transfer processes in the maral meat according to the fermentation period. The study revealed the dynamic pattern in pH and water-binding capacity of meat during salting, as well as the differences in the colloidal-chemical state of protein substances. The best results were achieved in mixed salting samples after short-term massaging. This method changed the degree of hydration and the solubility of proteins, which improved the structural and mechanical properties. The experiment showed that fermented products require preliminary mechanical processing of meat in massagers, which makes it possible to soften raw materials, accelerate the redistribution of saline substances in meat, and intensify biochemical processes. According to the present research, the best results were achieved by mixed salting when the salting mixture was applied to the meat surface. The mixture contained the starting cultures of microorganisms “Bitec LC-30”. The meat was aged under dry salting at 0–4 °C for 24 hours and then in the pickle. This changed the rheological properties of the meat and resulted in a gentler consistency of the fermented products. The proposed technology of maral meat salting increases the efficiency of meat fermentation processes while improving the quality of manufactured products and their organoleptic properties.
, meat salting
, functional and technological properties of meat
, fermented meat products
- Lunitsyn V.G. and Borisov N.P. Pantovoe olenevodstvo Rossii [Antler reindeer breeding in Russia]. Barnaul: AZBUKA Publ., 2012. 1000 p. (In Russ.).
- Okhremenko V.A. Normativnye pokazateli myasnoy produktivnosti i kachestva myasa predstaviteley semeystva olenevykh Altayskogo kraya i Respubliki Altay [Regulatory indicators of meat productivity and meat quality of representatives of the reindeer family of the Altai Territory and the Altai Republic]. Barnaul: AZBUKA Publ., 2006. 35 p. (In Russ.).
- Kaimbaeva L.A. and Uzakov Ya.M. Use of biochemical and physical effects when salting maral meat. Meat Industry, 2014, no. 2, pp. 52–54. (In Russ.).
- Okuskhanova E., Assenova B., Rebezov M., et al. Study of morphology, chemical, and amino acid composition of red deer meat. Veterinary World, 2017, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 623–629. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14202/vetworld.2017.623-629.
- Osipova M.O. and Myshalova O.M. Study of biochemical processes during salting and maturation of maral meat. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology, 2013, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 49–52. (In Russ.).
- Nesterenko A.A. and Kayatskaya A.S. Pickles of meat and meat products. Bulletin NGII, 2012, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 46–54. (In Russ.).
- Kudryashov L.S. Teoriya i praktika intensifikatsii posola myasa [Theory and practice of the intensification of meat salting].Vestnik of the Mari State University, 2009, no. 4, pp. 129–132. (In Russ.).
- Gueta V.S. and Selivanov N.P. Govyadina syrokopchenaya “Klinskaya” i sposob ee proizvodstva [Raw smoked beef “Klinskaya” and the method of its production]. Patent RF, no. 2207021, 2003.
- Gueta V.S. and Selivanov N.P. Uncooked smoked whole muscle product from beef or pork of service cutting in package, in particular, beef, ham, breast of pork, boneless breast, neck, cured fillet, and method for producing the same. Patent RF, no. 2207021C1, 2003.
- Hertel C. Verkurzter Reifeprozess. Ernahrungsindustrie, 2012, no. 5, pp. 44–45.
- Lautenshleger R. German technologies of smoked and uncooked jerked meat products with preliminary meat salting.Meat Industry, 2012, no. 11, pp. 22–26. (In Russ.).
- Xiong Y.L. Muscle proteins. In: Yada R.Y. (eds) Proteins in Food Processing (Second Edition). Woodhead Publ., 2018, pp. 127–148. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-08-100722-8.00006-1
- Lim H.J. and Yang H.S. Effects of preblending of salt, phosphate, and bicarbonate marinade solutions on the quality properties of pork lion. Journal of Agriculture & Life Science, 2014, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 139–147. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14397/ jals.2014.48.1.139.
- Kaimbaeva L.A., Uzakov Ya.M., Taev A.M., and Malysheva E.S. Sravnitelʹnyy analiz biologicheskoy tsennosti, funktsionalʹno-tekhnologicheskikh i strukturno-mekhanicheskikh pokazateley myasa maralov i govyadiny [Comparative analysis of biological value, functional-technological, and structural-mechanical indicators of maral meat and beef]. (accessed 20 September 2018).
- Meleshkina L. Prospects of use of meat of deer in production of food products anticarcinogenic destination. Polzunovsky vestnik, 2013, no. 4–4, pp. 173–177. (In Russ.).
- Lee H.J. and Lee J.J. Effects of various kinds of salt on the quality and storage characteristics of tteokgalbi. Korean Journal for Food Science of Animal Resources, 2014, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 604–613. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2014.34.5.604.
- Kaymbaeva L.A. Nauchno-prakticheskie aspekty kompleksnoy pererabotki i otsenka kachestva myasa i produktov uboya maralov. Diss. dokt. tekhn. nauk [Scientifically-practical aspects of complex processing and quality assessment of maral meat. Dr. eng. sci. diss.]. Ulan-Udeh, 2014. 318 p.
- Okuskhanova Eh.K., Asenova B.K., Dyusembaev S.T., Esimbekov Zh. S., and Rebezov M.B. Makro- i mikroehlementnyy sostav myasa marala [The macro- and microelement composition of maral meat]. Molodoy uchenyy [Young scientist], 2014, no. 11, pp. 90–93. (In Russ.).
- Ferreira V.C.S., Martins T.D.D., Batista E.S., et al. Physicochemical and microbiological parameters of dried salted pork meat with different sodium chloride levels. Food Science and Technology, 2013, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 382–386. DOI: https://doi. org/10.1590/S0101-20612013005000055.
- Choi Y.-S., Jeong T.-J., Hwang K.-E., et al. Effects of Various Salts on Physicochemical Properties and Sensory Characteristics of Cured Meat. Korean Journal for Food Science of Animal Resources, 2016, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 152–158. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2016.36.2.152.
How to quote?
Myshalova O., Galina V. Gurinovich, Irina S. Patrakova, Seregin S. Improving the Salting Technology for Fermented Maral Meat Products. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology, 2018, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 66-72
2074-9414 (Print) /