Copyright ©Belyakova et al. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0. (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
), allowing third parties to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and to remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially, provided the original work is properly cited and states its license.
Organic food products are a complex object of technical regulation. It combines, on the one hand, the requirements to finished food products and the production processes, and, on the other hand, the principles of organic agriculture. In terms of organic products and features of its production, the Russian Federation is at the initial stage of legal framework formation, while the USA and EU countries have been involved in these issues for more than 20 years. However, the development of organic agriculture and the production of appropriate products have good prospects in Russia. The experience of countries with high growth rates of organic production showed that the key points for the successful formation of the organic food sector is the establishment of the legal framework and the development of state regulation and control. According to the law established in 2018, organic products are environmentally friendly agricultural products, raw materials, and food that meet the requirements of the Federal law of August 3, 2018, No. 280-FL: “On organic products and amendments to certain legislative acts of the Russian Federation”. The law will be the basis for legal self-determination of organic products and processes of their production. It might also serve as a stimulus for the formation and development of the organic sector of food products in Russia. The present review features a retrospective analysis of the formation of international regulatory norms in the sphere of organic products, the corresponding international laws, and the experience of advanced countries, as well as the current state of the legislation in some former Soviet republics and the Russian Federation.
, legal forms
, technical regulation
- Belyakova Z.Yu., Makeeva I.A., Stratonova N.V., et al. The Role of Organic Products in Implementing the State Policy of Healthy Nutrition in the Russian Federation. Foods and Raw Materials, 2018, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 4–13. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21603/2308- 4057-2018-1-4-13.
- Klimova M.L. Organic agriculture. International experience of legal regulation. Dairy industry, 2018, no. 5, pp. 46–47. (In Russ.).
- Willer H. and Lernoud J. The World of Organic Agriculture. Statistics and Emerging trend 2017. Switzerland: Research Institute of Organic Agriculture Publ., 2017. 340 p.
- Belyakova Z.Yu. Formation of the organic sector of food products in Russia. Part 1. Prospects of development. Dairy industry, 2018, no. 10. pp. 30–32. (In Russ.).
- Savinkina V.A. Sistemy sertifikatsii organicheskoy produktsii: mezhdunarodnyy obzor [Certification systems for organic products: an international review]. Production Quality Control, 2018, no. 10, pp. 24–27. (In Russ.).
- O’Mahony B. and Lobo A. The organic industry in Australia: Current and future trends. Land Use Policy, 2017, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 331–339. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landusepol.2017.04.050.
- Belyakova Z.Yu. Formation of the organic sector of food products in Russia. Part 2. Legislation base. Dairy industry, 2018, no. 11, pp. 33–34. (In Russ.).
- Rodale M. Organic Manifesto: How organic food can heal our planet, feed the world, and keep us safe. New York: Rodale Books Publ., 2010. 240 p.
- Rana J. and Paul J. Consumer behavior and purchase intention for organic food: A review a research agenda. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 2017, vol. 38, pp. 157–165. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2017.06.004.
- Klimova M.L. Organic agriculture. International experience of legal regulation. Dairy industry, 2018, no. 10, pp. 34–38. (In Russ.).
- Novyy reglament ES na proizvodstvo organicheskoy produktsii. Osnovnye aktsenty [The new EU regulation on the production of organic products. Main accents]. Production Quality Control, 2018, no. 10, pp. 22. (In Russ.).
- Volkova T.I. Proizvodstvo i sertifikatsiya organicheskoy produktsii posle prinyatiya № 280-FZ [Production and certification of organic products after the adoption of Law No. 280-FZ]. Production Quality Control, 2018, no. 10, pp. 19–21. (In Russ.).
- Cardoso J. de F., Filho N.C., Miguel P.A.C. Application of Quality Function Deployment for the development of an organicproduct. Food Quality and Preference, 2015, Vol. 40, pp. 180–190. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodqual.2014.09.012.
- Makeeva I.A. and Belyakova Z.Yu. Metodologicheskie aspekty tekhnicheskogo regulirovaniya obogashchennykh molochnykh produktov, v t.ch. organicheskikh [Methodological aspects of the technical regulation of fortified dairy products, including organic foods]. In: Belyakova Z.Yu., Makeeva I.A., G.A. Donskaya, et al. Innovatsionnye tekhnologii obogashcheniya molochnoy produktsii (teoriya i praktika) [Innovative technologies for the enrichment of dairy products (theory and practice)]. Moscow: Franter Publ., 2016. pp. 16–55. (In Russ.).
- Schleenbecker R. and Hamm U. Consumers’ perception of organic product characteristics. A review. Appetite, 2013, vol. 71, pp. 420–429. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.appet.2013.08.020.
- Konovalenko L.Yu. Opyt proizvodstva organicheskoy produktsii v Rossii: nauch. analit. obzor [Russian experience in the production of organic products: a scientific and analytic overview]. Moscow: Federal State Budget Scientific Institution “Rosinformagrotekh” Publ., 2015. 56 p. (In Russ.).
- Solovʹeva T.N. and Tolmacheva E.N. Razvitie selʹskikh territoriy v usloviyakh obespecheniya prodovolʹstvennoy bezopasnosti [Development of rural areas in terms of food security]. Kursk: I.I. Ivanov Kursk State Agricultural Academy Publ., 2013. 203 p.
- Zakon Ukrainy ot 03.09.2013 g. № 425-VII [The Law of Ukraine of September 03, 2013, No. 425-VII]. Available at: http:// rosorganic.ru/files/Zakon%20ykrain.pdf. (accessed 22 September 2018).
- Hidalgo-Baz M., Martos-Partal M., and González-Benito Ó. Assessments of the quality of organic versus conventional products, by category and cognitive style. Food Quality and Preference, 2017, vol. 62, pp. 31–37. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j. foodqual.2017.06.008.
- Mironenko O.V. Organicheskiy rynok Rossii: sostoyanie i perspektivy [Russian organic market: state and prospects]. Milk Processing, 2017, vol. 213, no. 7, pp. 48–53. (In Russ.).
- Bochkov A.A., Bochkova T.A., and Ivanitskiy D.K. Rynok organicheskoy produktsii: istochniki rosta i perspektivy razvitiya [Organic products market: growth sources and development prospects]. In: Paramonov P.F., Egorov E.A., Artemova E.I., et al. Agroprodovolʹstvennyy rynok regiona: teoriya i praktika [Agricultural and food market in the region: theory and practice]. Krasnodar: Kuban State Agrarian University, 2016, pp. 205–227.
- Argyropoulos Ch., Tsiafouli M.A., Sgardelis S.P., and Pantis J.D. Organic farming without organic products. Land Use Policy, 2013, vol. 32, pp. 324–328. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landusepol.2012.11.008.
- Mironenko O.V. Stanovlenie rynka organicheskogo zemledeliya v Rossii [Formation of the market of organic farming in Russia]. Food Quality and Preference, 2018, no. 10, pp. 5–11. (In Russ.).
- Federalnyj zakon RF ot 29 dekabrya 2006 g. № 264-FZ “O razvitii selskogo khozyajstva” [Federal law of the Russian Federation “On the development of agriculture”].
- Postanovlenie Pravitelʹstva RF ot 14.07.2012 g. № 717 – “O Gosudarstvennoy programme razvitiya selʹskogo khozyaystva i regulirovaniya rynkov selʹskokhozyaystvennoy produktsii, syrʹya i prodovolʹstviya na 2013–2020 gody” [Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation “On the State Programme for the Development of Agriculture and Regulation of Agricultural Products, Raw Materials and Food Markets for 2013–2020”]
- Postanovlenie Pravitelʹstva RF ot 25.08.2017 g. № 996 – “Ob utverzhdenii Federalʹnoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy programmy razvitiya selʹskogo khozyaystva na 2017–2025 gody” [Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation “On approval of the Federal Scientific and Technical Programme for the Development of Agriculture for 2017–2025”]
- Zyuzyukov A.V. Razvitie selʹskikh territoriy kak strategicheskiy faktor povysheniya prodovolʹstvennoy bezopasnosti Rossii [Development of rural areas as a strategic factor in increasing food security in Russia]. Perspektivy razvitiya natsionalʹnykh agroprodovolʹstvennykh sistem v usloviyakh VTO: Materialy mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii [Prospects for the development of national agrifood systems in the context of the WTO: Proceedings of the international scientific-practical conference].
- Federalʹnyy zakon Rossiyskoy Federatsii № 280-FZ “Ob organicheskoy produktsii i o vnesenii izmeneniy v otdelʹnye zakonodatelʹnye akty Rossiyskoy Federatsii” [Federal Law of the Russian Federation “On Organic Products and on Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation”]. Available at: http://rosorganic.ru/files/Zakon%20RF%20organica.pdf. (accessed 22 September 2018).
- Meier M.S., Stoessel F., Jungbluth N., et al. Environmental impacts of organic and conventional agricultural products – Are the differences captured by life cycle assessment? Journal of Environmental Management, 2015, vol. 149, pp. 193–208. DOI: https:// doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2014.10.006.
- Gray N. Developing organic, fairtrade, and ethically produces products. In: Osborn S. and Morley W. (eds) Developing Food Products for Consumers with Specific Dietary Needs. New York: Woodhead Publ., 2016, pp. 241–266.
- State Standart 56104-2014. Organic foods. Terms and definitions. Moscow: Standartinform Publ., 2015. 4 p.
- State Standart 56508-2015. Organic production. Regulations for production, storage, transportation. Moscow: Standartinform Publ., 2015. 43 p.
- GOST R 57022-2016. Produkciya organicheskogo proizvodstva. Poryadok provedeniya dobrovol`noj sertifikacii organicheskogo proizvodstva [State Standart 57022-2016. Production of organic production. Procedure for voluntary certification of organic production]. Moscow: Standartinform Publ., 2016. 24 p.
- State Standart 33980-2016. Organic production. Production regulations, processing, labelling and implementation (CAC/ GL 32-1999, NEQ). Moscow: Standartinform Publ., 2016. 46 p.