Copyright ©Kosinsky et al. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0. (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
), allowing third parties to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and to remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially, provided the original work is properly cited and states its license.
In modern conditions when buyers become more and more selective in the preferences, and the competition in the market increases, the quantitative assessment of a commodity range condition is an important problem of the administrative personnel of any retail trading enterprise. It enables to reveal in due time the commodity range management problems and to discover their causes. Therefore, the relevance of the subject of this publication is obvious. The administrative personnel of retail trading enterprises have to perceive an assortment portfolio management as strategic possibility of growth of competitiveness when complying witha number of principles. Considering the activity of a particular shop realizing nonfoods (ware from glass, crystal, porcelain, ceramics, kitchen utensils, souvenir products, mirrors, vases, clocks, household chemicals, gardening toolsetc.), the article provides its general characteristic, and key characteristics of the commodity range. The first analysis stage made it possible to draw a conclusion that the system of the commodity range formation at this enterprise was not formalized. At the second assessment stage, the method of the portfolio strategic analysis by means of a matrix of the Boston consulting group was used. Using the settlement data on volumes of revenue and size of profit of each commodity group, the positions on decrease of size of a share of each name in total sales were ranged, and shares with accumulation of result on indications of revenue and profit were calculated at the third stage. The final stage of the assessment was devoted to the collation of the data obtained at the previous stages that enabledto designate the commodity range management problems and to make recommendations on their elimination. It was recommended to pay more attention to application of rules of merchandising for more rational use of floor spaces. The concrete schemes of placement of goods in a trading floor taking into account the possibility of zoning and allocation of a specialized zone for sale of products from the Czech glass were offered.
, retail trade enterprise
, method of the portfolio strategic analysis
, ABC analysis
- Ansoff, I. Strategicheskoe upravlenie / I. Ansoff. - M.: Ekonomika, 1989. - 358 s.
- Afanas'ev, S.V. Metod treugol'nika v AVS-analize / S.V. Afanas'ev //Marketing v Rossii i za rubezhom.Ch. 1. - 2007. - №2. - S.3-19.
- Buzukova, E.A. Assortiment roznichnogo magazina: metody analiza i prakticheskie sovety / E.A. Bubukova. - SPb.:Piter, 2007. - 176 s.
- Kostina, G.P. Upravlenie assortimentom / G.P.Kostina // Menedzhment v Rossii i za rubezhom. - 2011. - № 6. - S. 39-50.
- Sandrakova, I.V. Prakticheskiy podhod k ocenke assortimenta roznichnoy torgovoy seti / I.V. Sandrakova, L.A. Stratienko // Prakticheskiy marketing. - 2012. - №3. - S.31-33.
- Torgovoe delo: ekonomika, marketing, organizaciya: uchebnik / pod obsch. red. prof. L.A.Bragina i prof. T.P. Dan'ko. - M.: INFRA-M, 2011. - 560 s.
- Ekonomika torgovogo predpriyatiya / pod obsch. red. prof. A.I. Grebneva. - M.: Ekonomika, 2012. - 412s.